Concierge Guarantee Marina

Misssmb

Just booked our first Oceania cruise for November and just curious to see how far anyone was bumped up with the guarantee?

Oceania handles this area slightly differently than other Lines.

You will likely be offered an up-sell from your guarantee level rather than an up-grade.

Those upsell offers are time sensitive, so if moving up is a concern of yours, be sure that you've either authorized your TA to accept offers within certain parameters or given Oceania a good number to get to you during business hours.

Just booked our first Oceania cruise for November and just curious to see how far anyone was bumped up with the guarantee?

That depends.... 1. what cabin class did you book for Guarantee. 2. Who your travel agent is and their realtion with O, 3 your status with O

you will for sure get the cabin you booked... be happy if that was your choice. If you booked to get a up-sell I doubt they give up grades at no cost, then you may or may not be happy.

In my opinion in a concierge cabin, you have a slim to none chance of getting a PH unless you pay the difference in fare. They do not freely do up-sells to PH and forget about an gratis up grade

I'm fine not getting moved up. I just booked the lowest concierge level to be guaranteed that. I won't pay to go any higher if offered.

Easy to say at this stage of the game......

Penthouse-Suite-2.jpg

Once you go big, it is hard to go back-

f9192b3a5756218410e69341d2608b4d.jpg

That goes for the Service, as well :D

Easy to say at this stage of the game......

Penthouse-Suite-2.jpg

Once you go big, it is hard to go back-

f9192b3a5756218410e69341d2608b4d.jpg

That goes for the Service, as well :D

Maybe for some...I found little value to me in the PH...on O Regent was way better. Having a dining table at the foot of the bed !!! Really awkward. Rather have a B3 or like 7008 or a nice Inside. which I now prefer over a PH... and use the wonderful dining outside the cabin... I felt the butler intrusive and pretty much a waste and useless... However, beauty is in the eyes of each beholder.

Well, I can't say I wouldn't love a butler and a penthouse��! I just can't afford that right now! LOL

As Jerry Seinfeld famously said, "If those unhappy people at the back of the plane had just worked a little harder....."

As Jerry Seinfeld famously said, "If those unhappy people at the back of the plane had just worked a little harder....."

Perhpse he should have said " worked smarter not harder"

Or as the wicked witch remarked" its not what to do its HOW to do it"

• 2 months later...