TV position in DV cabins

Glacier Park

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I am curious about viewing the TV in the DV cabins. The photos on the Viking website show it on the wall across from the bed. Can it be angled to be easily viewed from the sitting area in the cabin? I like to view TV from a chair, not a bed. I’m hoping the TV can be comfortably viewed from the chairs, without wrenching one’s neck. Can someone who has been in a DV cabin let me know? Thanks.

Thanks Peregina651 for your quick reply. You seem to be the “go to” person for info about Viking Ocean.

Maybe it’s difficult to appreciate the situation from the website photos, but it seems the TV picture would not be easily viewed, or distorted, when viewed from the chairs. You seem to be suggesting that is not the case, that is, the TV can be easily viewed if the chairs are turned to face it. Am I correct?

Edited by Glacier Park

We did not find that we could angle the TV to face the chairs. Maybe we missed something. If we were watching TV we were on the bed. Maybe on the newer ships they have changed it so that you can angle the TV. We were on the Sky for 22 nights in 2017. I hope they have as we are on the Orion for 32 nights in 2019!!

Unfortunately, the tv cannot be angled toward the chairs, at least not on Star, Sea or Sky. In the Penthouse Suites there is a second fixed TV facing the seating area, which seemed a little much having two TV’s within about six feet of each other, but I guess there are practical (or financial) reasons why Viking decided not to mount their TVs on wall mounts that allow you to articulate the TV in different directions.

Thanks Peregina651 for your quick reply. You seem to be the “go to” person for info about Viking Ocean.

Maybe it’s difficult to appreciate the situation from the website photos, but it seems the TV picture would not be easily viewed, or distorted, when viewed from the chairs. You seem to be suggesting that is not the case, that is, the TV can be easily viewed if the chairs are turned to face it. Am I correct?

I am not much of a TV watcher so I can't comment about distortion. In any case, the TVs are fixed for safety reasons, because the space at the foot of the bed is very narrow.

We weren't in a DV, just a lowly V but we had the fixed tv across from the bed. There wasn't a lot of distortion as long as I sat in the chair closest to the bed. It was watchable from the chair closet to the window but not as easily.

Dear aronde,

Although our stateroom TVs do not offer HDMI port accessibility, all cabins have access to complimentary Movies On Demand for your viewing pleasure. We appreciate all of our guests’ varied methods for in-cabin entertainment, however, and are grateful for these opportunities to collect feedback.

We hope this helps, aronde, and invite you and any fellow wayfarers to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com should you have any questions or concerns about your individual travels.

Warm regards,

Viking Cruises

does anyone know if the hdmi port is accessible? wife and I occasionally binge watch tv series loaded on an iphone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow I have never had a response from a cruise line on this forum! thanks so much for taking the time to answer - we look forward to our free movies! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Viking reads everything we write. When it is important or they are asked, they will respond but in general, they do not participate. And they do pass our comments and criticism up the line.