Deck 8 cabin on Koningsdam

ChickyPoo

Hello,

We are booking our next cruise on Koningsdam for November 2018. We were suggested cabin 8074. Deck 8 seems to be located directly below the Lido deck 9. I'm a bit concerned that there may be noise from above. Anyone have experience on Deck 8 of Koningsdam?

thanks

Any noise issues that exist (or don't) for the two cabins mentioned above are irrelevant for your cabin as it is not under the Lido Market as they happen to be. Checking the deck plans it would appear your cabin is under a service area but as I am not familiar with the ship I could not accurately advise of any likely noise issues.

Perhaps somebody can advise on the nature of the port side service area that is adjacent to the Lido Bar male toilets.

Yes, this cabin seems to be below a 'blank space' service area... not the pool deck or the Lido Market.

It is non-adjoining, bed is forward facing, and seems to be max-2 passengers.

It us under the wider overhang from the Lido above... plenty of protection from sun and rain.

It is close to the elevators, just forward of the mid-ship stairs. So that is really nice.

It is hard to say whether there might be any noise from that service area above.

Other than that, seems to be good.

V8080 and V8078 the larger balconies, and is also under that blank-space service area.

There are probably posts about that cabin, because of the balcony. I would search on that to see if anyone mentions any noise issues.

Yes, this cabin seems to be below a 'blank space' service area... not the pool deck or the Lido Market.

It is non-adjoining, bed is forward facing, and seems to be max-2 passengers.

It us under the wider overhang from the Lido above... plenty of protection from sun and rain.

It is close to the elevators, just forward of the mid-ship stairs. So that is really nice.

It is hard to say whether there might be any noise from that service area above.

Other than that, seems to be good.

V8080 and V8078 the larger balconies, and is also under that blank-space service area.

There are probably posts about that cabin, because of the balcony. I would search on that to see if anyone mentions any noise issues.

We have V8080 booked on the Nieuw Statendam for next year and are also curious about the service area above us. We aren't particularly concerned about noise, as we always bring ear plugs in case we need them, but it would be nice to know. BTW, there are no "hits" on a search for V8078, and only two - an earlier one of my posts and a reply - for V8080.

Thanks all,

I figured it was under a service area. I had checked on a deckplan website, and indeed, I saw a grey area on the deck above and suspected it was a service area.

Thanks to everyone to commented. I think we will go ahead and book it.

Thanks all,

I figured it was under a service area. I had checked on a deckplan website, and indeed, I saw a grey area on the deck above and suspected it was a service area.

Thanks to everyone to commented. I think we will go ahead and book it.

If you remember, do come back and let us know what's there once you've had a chance to check it out first hand.

• 5 years later...
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am booked in 8074 for 6/1 sailing... the chat agent states that the blank area above is inaccessible and for staff only... hopefully it is not deck chair storage or anything like that. I'll post after the voyage as to actual noise issues if any

Edited by 57stevey