Can I Book a Future Cruise for RCI while Onboard Celebrity Equinox?

OT-Miami

We are planning a family weekend cruise (5 cabins or more) on RCI for November 2019. Can I book it with the Future Cruises desk while sailing on Equinox this October? I’m mostly interested in the reduced deposit and any other possible perks. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can. While on my recent Summit cruise, I booked a future cruise with RCI.

Phone calls ahead to both Celebrity and RCI, informed me this could be done. Celebrity mentioned they would be limited in certain areas, specifically stateroom selection, so I spent time with RCI and went over details prior to booking aboard Summit.

It went very smoothly onboard. RCI is doing a promo. The perks were not that great, but the promo was good.

My original intention was an itinerary with Celebrity. When I did my reseach, the particular month I was looking at was sold out for category of stateroom, I did not want to sail months later during summer heat etc and so decided to look at RCI. I found a very similar itinerary and saved us $1500. I did speak at length with RCI getting all ducks in a row before booking onboard celebrity.

We have booked Royal while on Celebrity. It was pretty easy and we got the reduced deposit and the benefits that were being offered by Royal for booking onboard at that time. Celebrity's benefits were better but their similar cruise was $1500 and the itinerary was not as good for us so we tried Royal after a 5 year absence.