What happened to the May 12, 2020 Panama Canal Cruise?

CTKath

I have been following the 5.12.20 Panama Canal cruise on the Amsterdam for a few weeks. Was just getting ready to book it and it disappeared! Looked at 3 different sites, including Holland America and it's gone. Anyone know why? Thanks.

I just checked on the roll call for the 2020 WC and someone who had booked the May 12th cruise was told by their TA it has been canceled. Unusual to say the least. That is a standard repo cruise each year.

I just checked on the roll call for the 2020 WC and someone who had booked the May 12th cruise was told by their TA it has been canceled. Unusual to say the least. That is a standard repo cruise each year.

Oh, bother! Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't gotten that far yet. I've been looking for a May 2020 Panama Canal cruise. If another doesn't pop up, then it's the Princess one and it had a lot less ports!

With the sale of the Prinsendam it is quite possible they are re-evaluating fleet deployments for 2020 and that Amsterdam may not return to the Alaska market. Quite possibly she could be deployed to Europe instead. It may be a while before summer 2020 deployments are announced, so best I can say is be patient.

With the sale of the Prinsendam it is quite possible they are re-evaluating fleet deployments for 2020 and that Amsterdam may not return to the Alaska market. Quite possibly she could be deployed to Europe instead. It may be a while before summer 2020 deployments are announced, so best I can say is be patient.

But it was there - enticing us!!!! And May is still spring the last time I checked! ;):')

But it was there - enticing us!!!! And May is still spring the last time I checked! ;):')

Well - if the original plan had been for Amsterdam to go to Alaska as normal, and they have decided to reconsider that deployment and send her elsewhere, it is prudent for them to pull the Canal cruise from sale until a decision has been made .....

PS - when I refer to "summer" 2020 deployments May is on the shoulder of that so hence why many lines/vessels only have schedules published through late April/early May. This far out it is not unusual for lines to change deployment plans causing some itineraries to be cancelled/modified