In suite dinning course by course question.

mklions

Meow; Thank you for confirming that things have not changed on the Spirit, our favorite ship. Unfortunately, my lovely bride doesn't want to cruise anymore; she says 24 cruises is enough. I do keep working on her though.:)

Meow; Thank you for confirming that things have not changed on the Spirit, our favorite ship. Unfortunately, my lovely bride doesn't want to cruise anymore; she says 24 cruises is enough. I do keep working on her though.:)

Thank you kindly for your appreciation.:)

Course by course dinners are one of the advertised luxuries. The butler (or a substitute) will carry the dish into your cabin and put it on your (converted from "centre table" with a wooden "adaptor" on top) fully linen covered table. So you feel you are in the restaurant. Usually any dish available in any restaurant that does not need pre-booking or special arrangement will be accepted.

Are you certain this is the case with Spirit (the ship referenced here)? Are you saying that one can order from any restaurant? From La Terrazza? From La Dame? From Indochine? Etc.

I understand that the advertisements may still speak of course by course dining, etc. And I gather that this option is still available for ships with an MDR. But Spirit has no MDR, and I had understood that one could order only from the (very ample!) room service menu unless one had a very obliging butler and restaurant manager. I would not want to impose upon my butler in this way seeking very special treatment.

Are you certain this is the case with Spirit (the ship referenced here)? Are you saying that one can order from any restaurant? From La Terrazza? From La Dame? From Indochine? Etc.

We are referring to what we knew from the Muse last year and the other ships more than half a dozen years ago.

La Terrazza is a specialty restaurant, La Dame charges $60, they cannot be ordered for room service. Indochine is part of the de facto main restaurant, and its dishes likely can be ordered for room service.

We were on the Muse in March and you could not order room service from any restaurant menu, it was from the room service menu. Whatever you ordered was delivered by a Butler all at once. They set the table and placed the food on it and returned to gather the remainder when you called. You could ask for a special dish and if approved it was delivered the next day. I believe this system is now in place on the Spirit as it has been Mused.