NCL Upgrade texts - concerns?

DeBlonde1

Has anyone else recently received NCL upgrade texts in addition to the emails? Today, I got one from a 305 area code number that was asking about a cabin upgrade with a link to NCL.com. I don't think I clicked it, but afterwards got another text that said thanks for subscribing to NCL daily news, then another text for offering for upgrade to my cabin again and finally, a text that came through and said, my offer has been accepted. I never made an offer. Then another text that said although my offer was accepted, my payment was declined. What the heck is going on? I may have clicked the link from one of my upgrade emails ) I have gotten quite a few), I don't see how it could have been phishing. It had the details of my upcoming cruise including booking number and seemed legit from NCL. Anyone else experiencing anything weird?

Get off your mobile device, and connect to ncl.com on a PC and see what is going on.

It still shows my current cabin category, but the upgrade message you see when you log in is gone (that could be coincidental since there are no higher category cabins available any more).

If anyone else has ever gotten a text from NCL to upgrade, please let me know. Thanks!

Get off your mobile device, and connect to ncl.com on a PC and see what is going on.

Never mind the cell phone or PC! Call Norwegian Cruise lines and find out what the heck is going on because I don’t think they text anybody so something crooked is going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if he got all those texts but our son was notified by text that his upgrade offer was accepted but payment was declined. His card had been replaced due to a compromise so he called & provided the new number. He's cruising now...