Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

17 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Question,  probably answered before, but can you give OBC that you cannot spend to crew fund?

Only refundable OBC.  That is the one you can cash out: usually from TAs.  Not non refundable (NR) OBC from the cruise line.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We had a great 2-week work and vacation in US, the only bad about is that today we are going back home in Brazil.

We flew Delta from Rio to Atlanta (9 hours) during the day. So, I had time to focus on reading and watching movies. We were business class, but maybe next time we may take the premium economy that seemed very well for traveling during the day.

We stayed overnight in an airport hotel in Atlanta and next day early morning we took a flight (4hours and 50 minutes) to Seattle. We chose Alaskan Airlines due to the better schedule and found services in the 1st class to be very good. On the curbside in the airport we saw 3 trucks loading luggage, one for NCL, one for Royal Caribbean and the third one also for a cruise, but was further away from where we were, so I could not identify it.

Our hotel in Seattle was close to the Needle, Chihuly Gardens and Museum, and we spent our Saturday afternoon visiting both.

Sunday, we walked alongside the sea and saw 2 cruise ships and after that, went to the stadium to watch Seattle Seahawks won the game. Very funny, but I had no idea about the need for a transparent small bag. Now I have one in case I will ever go to a game again! After the game we visited the Gold Rush Museum that was very knowledgeable.

Monday to Thursday was most working, walking around the city in the evening and going to restaurants. I would like to mention La Parisienne a French café that we visited almost every afternoon and Canlis a top-rated restaurant that was very good.

Friday, we took a day off and we drove from Seattle to Portland passing by Mount Rainier and some small country roads. It took us all day and was very nice.

In Portland, the conference and working, but we had the opportunity to visit the Japanese Gardens and Rose Gardens. While I was busy, husband took a boat for a day trip in the Columbian River which he loved.

Saturday, we took the car again and travel to the cost, Cannon Beach, Indian Beach (we did the trail between the 2 beaches, great!), Seaside and Astoria, just to cross that huge bridge. In front of it, Celebrity Edge was on port.

All in all, we liked everything. Next year’s conference will be in Porto Rico, not as exciting as US, but it is what it is.

• Like 2