Is it worth booking an excursion ahead of time?

KatieJayCruise

Our cruise is 59 days away, and there are already several of the *good* excursions through Carnival that are already sold out ... I would personally try to figure out what you'd like to do as soon as you can, so you don't miss out either because you didn't know what was out there or because they are sold out.

Once you figure out what you would LIKE to do, figure out if it's something that you should jump on or something that can wait until you get there. Places like Nachi Cocom and Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel only require a very small deposit so you aren't really losing a whole lot if you decide not to go (rain or whatever), but they only allow a specific amount of people and tend to sell out, especially if there are a lot of ships in port that day.

I once pre booked a boat tour/beach excursion pre-cruise and it was quite pricey.

The day of the excursion it was pouring rain and miserable and there's no way I wanted to go.

Because the trip was going and wasn't cancelled I had to go or lose what I paid.

Never pre-booked again...