Ideas for Labadee?

My Husband and I have never been to Labadee. We've cruised quite a bit, but none of our stops have been to this private Island. DH and I are pretty happy just hanging on the beach, I like to swim and snorkel. HECK NO for the zip line! (I'm afraid of heights :o). Any ideas of what you liked or didn't like.... I like to research places so any info is greatly appreciated.

Gabrielle

1st, it's on a peninsula, it's not actually an "island".....but it's a beach day, pure and simple. There's no need to spend any extra money that day, unless you really want to! They have jet skis (follow the leader sort of tour), if you enjoy that. I believe they also rent kayaks (also follow the leader)...

We simply enjoy finding a semi-"out of the way" spot, and having a relaxing beach day! Not much to see if snorkeling.

I'd enjoy the beach and free BBQ lunch. I'd skip the snorkeling as Labadee was about the worst place we ever snorkeled. Very poor visibility, even on a snorkel excursion.

Very good advice (as always) from our Host. I would also suggest getting there fairly early (before 11 am or so) to find a desirable spot (we really like Columbus Cove). It is close to a lunch venue and also a tram that will take you from and back to the ship ( not right to the gangplank, but pretty close). Hope you enjoy your day at Labadee! :D