which of these ports for a beach day.

kimcht

If you had to chose one of these ports for a beach day, which would you choose? I would want one that isnt too far from a port, that we could rent chairs, and that had refreshments and restrooms available, or at least restrooms. ship goes to st. croix, st johns, st lucia,st kitts and st marten. thank you.

St. Croix has a beach very close to the cruise ship pier, easy walking distance, with restrooms. Not sure about the refreshment situation.

I prefer the Reggae Bar area of Cockleshell Beach on St. Kitts. Not walking distance, but the taxi ride there is spectacular.

St Kitts - We booked Carambola Beach Club privately. Lounge chair and umbrella are an additional $10 each. Nice facilities; the restaurant has good food. There is also Cockleshell Beach a little farther away that may be a little less crowded.

St Lucia - We booked the Bay Gardens Beach Resort privately. They have an all inclusive option and one where you get drink tickets and food tickets. Great food, and the resort also has a nice pool and hot tub if you want to get off the beach. (vendors stroll the beach but aren't allowed on the resort property)

I did a boat tour in St. Maarten and haven't been to the other islands you're asking about. But I would book the same tours we did in St. Lucia and St. Kitts again. Especially St. Lucia.

St John's is Antigua, the Island of 365 beaches. I love Valley Church beach. It has a restaurant and facilities, but lots of space, not crowded, and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately it is a cab ride away from the ship.

I never pass up a chance to visit Carambola Beach on St. Kitts. We always book our chair and umbrella requests online before arriving. Just check in at the desk when you arrive and they will take you right to your spot. The Ritz Carlton has bought up a lot of beachfront property nearby, which forced the beach bars to close; but the food at Carambola is excellent. You can eat inside the restaurant or bring your food down to the beach. Also several locals offering massages...always a plus!!! If I remember correctly, it's just $4pp each way in a taxi.

Enjoy whichever beach you choose.

St Maarten

You can see the beach from the ship.

3 options to get there

20 minute walk along the road.

$7 boat ride

taxi ride - price depends on people

Umbrellas and loungers available, some come with a deal that offers a bucket of beer.

At the beach all the shops and restaurants are right behind you.

Antigua is my favorite - cab ride to Tony's Beach Bar Dickenson Bay

St Lucia - love it - Reduit Beach, lots to do there if you like water sports, etc.

SMX - used to go to Orient all the time. Because of the hurricane we took the water taxi over to Great Bay.

If you are only going to do one beach day, I would pick Antigua or St Lucia.

The beach by the port in St Croix is super full of rocks, not our favorite place. Yes you can walk there, but not that great of a beach

St Kitt's - not our favorite beach port either, but have heard Cockleshel Bay Beach is nice.

Still for me, if you only want one beach day - I would pick Antigua or St Lucia in a heartbeat over the other places.

Edited by karena1

St Kitts - We booked Carambola Beach Club privately. Lounge chair and umbrella are an additional $10 each. Nice facilities; the restaurant has good food. There is also Cockleshell Beach a little farther away that may be a little less crowded.

St Lucia - We booked the Bay Gardens Beach Resort privately. They have an all inclusive option and one where you get drink tickets and food tickets. Great food, and the resort also has a nice pool and hot tub if you want to get off the beach. (vendors stroll the beach but aren't allowed on the resort property)

I did a boat tour in St. Maarten and haven't been to the other islands you're asking about. But I would book the same tours we did in St. Lucia and St. Kitts again. Especially St. Lucia.

How long did it take to get from the port to Bay Gardens Beach Resort. We are little worried about the road conditions in St. Lucia and want to give ourselves enough time to get back in time. Would you recommend the resort and/or was it worth the $100 per person?