Pre-pay gratuities? NCL Dawn

Before the war of words begins, I'm guessing that you are asking about the DSC. If so, you can pre-pay or it will be deducted from your onboard account. Other than personal preference, paying before boarding locks you in for that daily rate if there is a rate increase between now and until you sail.

Messing around with envelopes is an option for people who like to make work for themselves whilst on holiday.

For those people who prefer to spend the time enjoying themselves the option is either to prepay it or have it added to your onboard account. The amount is the same whichever way you do it (assuming you are from the US), the only difference is when it is paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the war of words begins, I'm guessing that you are asking about the DSC. If so, you can pre-pay or it will be deducted from your onboard account. Other than personal preference, paying before boarding locks you in for that daily rate if there is a rate increase between now and until you sail.

Just to be pedantic, whenever there has been an increase, there has also been the option to prepay at the old rate after the announcement, so history suggests that you don’t need to prepay in order to protect against future increases.

Although, of course, things can change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always prepay the DSC. It just makes the bill after the cruise smaller. There are no envelopes for gratuities unless you ask NCL to give you some, but they are neither required or needed. As far as bringing cash some people extend gratuities to the crew others don't. It is really a personal decision.

Do you recommend pre-paying gratuities? Read someone mentioned having different envelopes for gratuities? Why? If you don't pre-pay, do you need to bring cash? Thanks

Time value of money dictates that you put off paying as long as possible (i.e., end of cruise). It is the difference between you holding the money and earning interest or NCL.

In addition to the Daily Service Charge, we always reward superior service with a cash gratuity to our room steward, butler, concierge. We also have dollar bills for bar staff.