China, South Korea & Japan in February

ksmaxey

So we are looking at a February 17th sailing on the Westerdam in Asia. I know the weather will be cool (though warmer than Ohio). It is a 14 day sailing.

Any advice or experience?

The price is fantastic and we prefer being cool to hot.

Kevin

Dress warm, very warm. Depending on where you go it will probably be colder than you think. In Feb 2017 we experienced snow in Japan (Osaka) and China (Beijing) and very cold temps in Korea (Inchon). High wind, snow and freezing temps on the Great Wall. Maybe the coldest and most unpleasant 2 hours I have ever experienced. Nagasaki and southern Japan was cool but pleasant. Shanghai air pollution was extremely bad, slightly better but not good in Beijing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're from Ohio, I'm from New England...you know what to do, bring layers. It's cold and we had snow in China - not much - but it delayed our leaving the ship and getting to the Great Wall. We took our small backpack with us and added and removed layers/hats/gloves as needed.

I really don't know that it got below freezing on the trip but the problem is you're doing a lot of standing around rather then moving...that's when you get cold. Bring a wool hat (forget what your hair will look like) it made all the difference for us.