Disembarking the Symphony in Barcelona

martyap

I read somewhere that the size of the Symphony requires RCCL to use two adjacent terminals to disembark in Barcelona. How does that work? Is the same true for embarkation? I have to notify my

p/u where to meet me when we dock.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, same for embarkation. Your boarding document will show your embarkation terminal.

OK....I just checked my Set Sail Pass and it indicates terminal B......so I am guessing that other passengers might board at terminal A (or C).......my question.....when do I find out what my disembark terminal designation is? And, if I decide to self disembark can I exit either terminal?

As always......thanks

OK....I just checked my Set Sail Pass and it indicates terminal B......so I am guessing that other passengers might board at terminal A (or C).......my question.....when do I find out what my disembark terminal designation is? And, if I decide to self disembark can I exit either terminal?

As always......thanks

They will most likely tell you that info on the ship. See Guest Services.

For an odd reason, I had looked at the Sympony dockings for August and September. It has been using Terminal B and Terminal C

Here is a link for the Port's website

http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/Port-del-Ciudada/cruceros

If scroll down and see the "Forecast" block, You will see a link for "Monthly". Click on it. For months before October you will see dock/terminal assignment. As of right now the link for October just shows dock assignments. I imagine in the next week, the terminal assignments will show up.

Now for which terminal you will be allowed to disembark I have no idea as I haven't sailed an Oasis class ship out of Barcelona. Using my logic, however faulty it may be, I would expect if you in the forward portion of the ship you would use one terminal and if you are in the aft you would use the other terminal.

However, I have no idea which direction the ship may approach the dock.

The night before you disembark, they will leave luggage tags in your cabin. If your number is even you will be directed to one terminal, and if odd, then you will be directed to the other. The numbers correspond to where you can pick up your luggage. We just came home from Barcelona yesterday and I have to say RC has the whole disembarkation thing well organized ! Have a great trip :)

The night before you disembark, they will leave luggage tags in your cabin. If your number is even you will be directed to one terminal, and if odd, then you will be directed to the other. The numbers correspond to where you can pick up your luggage. We just came home from Barcelona yesterday and I have to say RC has the whole disembarkation thing well organized ! Have a great trip :)

Out of curiosity what time was your flight and how was BCN? We have a noon flight and we are really thinking about self disembarking and catching a taxi around 7:30...... guess we could then exit either terminal..........that might be overkill but less stressful in the long run

We had a 10.20am flight yesterday from Barcelona...we took our own bags off at 7 am and waited for our transfer..he did not show so I rang the company and he was at the wrong terminal...it didn’t specify on our transfer slip which terminal...he took 2 minutes to get to us at Terminal C and we were checked in at the airport and through security by 8.20!

Way too early but I didn’t want to be panicking about the missing the flight home.

Sunday morning traffic was very quiet as you would expect

Hi martyap! Our flight was at 2 pm so we had plenty of time to get to the airport. It is only a 20ish minute drive and taxis are plentiful. Airport is clean and well organized and check-in was quick and easy. Now if I could only say the same thing about landing in Toronto!

Thanks

You have both been a great help. We will still self disembark and get to BCN early. My understanding is to go through security but once you go through passport control you have no entry in T1 back down to the lower concourse where most of the shops and restaurants are. Happy to hear it is organized

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Symphony is using terminals B and C (as did Oasis, Allure and Harmony during the last years). Aft cabins are embarking and disembarking on C, forward cabins on B.

For embarkation check your set sail pass. It shows which terminal you have to go. For disembarkation you receive odd or even numbered luggage tags. Odd numbers are terminal B, even numbers are terminal C.

steamboats

Does anyone know which terminal (B or C) has the store that sells wine, I had heard there is a store in the terminal after you check in before you go up the escalator. Is this true? Thanks

Yes, it's true, and I've seen it every time we've cruised out of Barcelona, but I cannot remember which terminal we were in.

the last night of your cruise, your cabin attendant will issue new luggage tags to you. On those tags will be a no. that will correspond to which deck, gangplank, and terminal your luggage will be sent to. It is extremely well coordinated and very easy to follow. A couple of days into the cruise you will be asked what time you wish to leave the ship and if you are using self disembarking. They use that info to assign the no. on your tag. Very very easy. My family of five was off the ship and had our luggage within 20 minutes.

Does anyone know which terminal (B or C) has the store that sells wine, I had heard there is a store in the terminal after you check in before you go up the escalator. Is this true? Thanks

We´ve been on C and there´s a shop right after security.

steamboats