Pacific Princess sofabed

Crusiero

The new sofas in the Owner's Suites look very nice, but has anyone used the suite sofabed since the last refit? We are cruising next year and hope to use the sofabed for one adult but are concerned that it may be too hard.

The new sofas in the Owner's Suites look very nice, but has anyone used the suite sofabed since the last refit? We are cruising next year and hope to use the sofabed for one adult but are concerned that it may be too hard.

We are sailing in a few weeks and I'd be happy to let you know if you'd like.

That would be great, thanks. We need a second bed and just expected the queen could be divided as with any other cabin we've had. Normally book direct with Princess and would have picked it up then, but TA did this one and didn't let us know until afterwards.

That would be great, thanks. We need a second bed and just expected the queen could be divided as with any other cabin we've had. Normally book direct with Princess and would have picked it up then, but TA did this one and didn't let us know until afterwards.

No problem! I'm always happy to help!

The old sofa beds are terrible--they are like something that would have been in my grandmother's house. There are much better designs and products on the market now; hopefully Princess has purchased one of these newer designs to replace the old stuff.

Disney has had a "flip couch" for the last 20 years. It is comfortable both as a couch and as a twin sized bed and takes less floor space as a bed than the Princess variety. When a bed, it has a standard twin mattress, not a flimsy, folded thing.

Unless your cabin has a note that it's "non-standard", the queen will divide. If your TA didn't/won't fix it, you can do it in the Personalizer or ask your steward once you're on the ship.

Thanks folks. Unfortunately in these suites the queens are non-standard, probably due to the unusual bedroom design.

There's one more thing you can try.

We had a mini on the Star (D733), the cabin details had the "non-standard" warning. We asked our steward if she could make it into a queen instead of the required twins (the opposite of your issue) and she did it. She warned us that the bed would partially block the walkway to the sitting area (and it did). The walk around the bed was tight but doable. So ask, the steward can give you one of 2 answers. (yn)

There's one more thing you can try.

We had a mini on the Star (D733), the cabin details had the "non-standard" warning. We asked our steward if she could make it into a queen instead of the required twins (the opposite of your issue) and she did it. She warned us that the bed would partially block the walkway to the sitting area (and it did). The walk around the bed was tight but doable. So ask, the steward can give you one of 2 answers. (yn)

Sounds worth a try, thanks for the good advice.

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, moki'smommy said:

The old sofa beds are terrible--they are like something that would have been in my grandmother's house. There are much better designs and products on the market now; hopefully Princess has purchased one of these newer designs to replace the old stuff.

Still waiting for an answer to the OP. We boarding the Pacific in a week, have a suite and a sister in law that will be using the sofa bed. Did Princess replace the old ones during the last refit?  

17 hours ago, Spikesgirl said:

We just got back and the sofa beds in the OS are great.  I don't know if this holds true in all the suites.

Thanks for the info. Is it like a flip-couch or just a normal sofabed that turns back to a sofa each day? I 

9 hours ago, Crusiero said:

Thanks for the info. Is it like a flip-couch or just a normal sofabed that turns back to a sofa each day? I 

A bit of both, actually.  It's L shaped, so there's a part of it that flips out, like a regular sofa bed and then sets upon the short leg of the L (it that makes any sense.  It is queen size and comes with a down topper.  We had our GD staying on one and my hubby tried it out and said it was very comfortable.  I hope you will find it the same.  I think we took pictures if you'd like them.

2 hours ago, Spikesgirl said:

A bit of both, actually.  It's L shaped, so there's a part of it that flips out, like a regular sofa bed and then sets upon the short leg of the L (it that makes any sense.  It is queen size and comes with a down topper.  We had our GD staying on one and my hubby tried it out and said it was very comfortable.  I hope you will find it the same.  I think we took pictures if you'd like them.

Yes please, pictures would be great.