On Board Credit and the third passenger in stateroom

FitchburgWIFamily

Hello,

My husband and my mother are sailing with me. We have 300.00 non-refundable OBC. Husband and I are passengers 1 and 2 with the beverage package and specialty dining. The OBC shows up on our amenity invoice split between my husband and me, mom gets none.

We want to use our OBC for mom’s dinners in the specialty restaurants, her occasional glass of wine and for some shore excursions that mom and I will take that my husband won’t.

If we put the whole cabin on one charge card, will our OBC be used to offset mom’s expenses? Or will my husband’s $150.00 go unspent while we pay out of pocket for mom’s expenses?

You may be overestimating how far your 300 will go. Have you thought about purchasing the SDP for your mom? To me it is very reasonable. Not sure where you plan on eating, but a dinner at Cagney’s can be 50% or more of the cost of purchasing the 3 meal package.

It is very simple. Use one of your cards to pay for your Mom's expenses.

By the way, $300 will disappear very fast if the Daily Service Charge is applied against the OBC.

The OBC is apparently non refundable, so can’t be used against the DSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies. DSC is prepaid. I like the idea of spending 69+service charge of our OBC to get Mom the dinner package. We’ll try to use our key cards to buy her drinks, but when we’ve tried that in the past, they usually just run hers through on our UBP, despite our trying to explain she doesn’t have drink package. Hopefully her shore excursions can be paid for with my husband’s OBC.