Dining times at venues on Getaway?

bigreckster

We're veteran cruisers who are venturing on Getaway for our first NCL cruise in Jan. and wondered what time the Haven and other specialty dining venues started serving dinner in the evening? We know the evening shows start at 7:30 PM and wondered whether there was sufficient time to have a nice dinner and make it to that first evening show. Thanks in advance and looking forward to some new adventures on Getaway...our days on Celebrity ships really got boring and the entertainment was the pits!

We're veteran cruisers who are venturing on Getaway for our first NCL cruise in Jan. and wondered what time the Haven and other specialty dining venues started serving dinner in the evening? We know the evening shows start at 7:30 PM and wondered whether there was sufficient time to have a nice dinner and make it to that first evening show. Thanks in advance and looking forward to some new adventures on Getaway...our days on Celebrity ships really got boring and the entertainment was the pits!

If you want to get an idea on what is available on the Getaway, skim through the dailies on the attached link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2666700

Post #10 had the show schedule from our cruise a couple of weeks ago.

When you book a dinner, the system typically will block 2.5 hours on your calendar. E.g., if you book at 5:30 dinner, it will not allow you to book a 7:30 show.

Just got off the Getaway on an Western Caribbean itinerary 3 days ago and were in the Haven. Only ate in the Haven or specialty restaurants. They opened at 5:30 PM which left plenty of time to get to Million Dollar Quartet. We ate in the Haven before that. Ate around 7-8:00 PM at Cagney's and Le Bistro but couldn't stay awake for Burn the Floor at 10 PM.

We get up at 5-6 AM every day even on vacations. If you're late risers the later shows shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, the Haven restaurant is stellar and we could have eaten there every night. We ate at every specialty dining restaurant and Le Bistro twice. The only only one not up to snuff was Moderno. Meat being the star and most expensive ingredient forces budget cutting. I'd willing prefer to have an extra up charge for Moderno to allow for better meat.

Say high to Ma Lourdes, Whitney and Immaculate for us.

Most of the specialty dining areas start serving dinner at 5:30 PM. I will be sailing on getaway for the first time next week but on all the other ships I’ve sailed on this was the case and my waiters have always been very nice to make an effort to get dinner served in time for me to make it to the early show if I wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5:30p so plenty of time to get to your show. I have pics of food from our trip- haven restaurant was great as well as Le Bistro (my personal fave!). Link is here https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums