Princess pulled the bait and switch on our beverage package. Do I have any recourse?

TheTonkster

It really doesn't matter what other guest think, about the changes, or if the drinks are to much or not enough. And again even the cruise contract means very little if the person paying and using a credit card to do so opens a dispute. Fraud, Bait & Switch, False Advertising whatever the person paying the bill feels has been done wrong is what a credit card company will look at. As a seller I have many of these disputes every month and almost always the buyer wins.... It is just part of taking credit cards, if the buyer feels they have been wrong or cheated most of the time the card company will agree.

Not if the company provides documentation that the change was within the terms accepted by the customer. Which this one clearly was. Also the customer did not refuse the product and request a refund once they were notified of the change, but proceeded to use the product.

They might have a chance at a chargeback if they had requested a refund, not used the product and had the refund refused.

Not really. With the old package there were only a handful of drinks that exceeded the $ limit.

Princess did increase drink prices earlier this year. The new $ limit allows the same included drinks as the old package did.

But by taking away canned sodas, they did reduce the value since canned sodas are the only kind available at Princess Cays. They also reduced the discount on bottles of wine in the dining room.

I assume that means that the reduction in value means that you will no longer buy or select the package.

If not then the package would still seem to represent sufficient value and the changes are minimal compared to the overall value of the product.

Edited by RDC1

Not really. With the old package there were only a handful of drinks that exceeded the $ limit.

Princess did increase drink prices earlier this year. The new $ limit allows the same included drinks as the old package did.

On our 28 day cruise last October the drink prices had not increased. Nor have I seen a lot of discussion about increases in drink prices. I have not cruised Princess this year, but I will know for sure next year.

Anyone currently on a cruise that can test Caribill’s comment concerning drink price increases across the board? (Or at least related to the new limit)

Please check the Silverado Cab in the Vines. During our cruise it was within the new limit and was not previously included within the old limit. How about now? We enjoyed it until they ran out of stock. It is the only one that I can remember. If the wine is not included within the new limit, it will be a confirmation of the increase.

Thank you.

It was $12 - within the new limit - on our cruise on the Regal in March

and yes, Vines..."ran out" also on about our 3rd day - at least for me with the PBP...;)

Thanks, let’s hope Princess did not actually increase the drink prices after March.