Windjammer for Dinner

mawvkysc

2 hours ago, audome78 said:

A big plus for Brilliance... You can eat outside at night. It's awesome. 

Yes indeed.  One of our favorite things we love about all four Radiance sisters...that aft outside eating area.  Saw whales breaching behind us as we ate our lunch out there on Radiance in Alaska....perfect!  

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We have been opting to eat dinner in the WJ more often, especially on the Radiance Class ships. Great food selections as the WJ has themed nights and the selections of appetizers, entrees and desserts were fantastic. We had bowls of large shrimp, lobster, grilled meats and fish...............and yummy desserts. We are becoming quite casual cruisers and enjoy the laid back atmosphere.

Try it..............you just may like it!!!!

We came..we saw...we ate...we enjoyed.  👍

Though not a fan of the WJ on Oasis class much.  Seems smaller, more crowded, and less options.  We actually enjoy the Solarium cafe as better choice on that one IMHO...if you can drag us away from CK that is.  😉 

• 3 weeks later...

Well we’re back. We loved the MDR so much we never made it to the WJ at night. Totally enjoyed the food. Fabulous servers kept us coming back. Plus my parents were a little bit limited mobility wise. Only one short towel waving and song on a five day cruise. MTD staff didn’t have to participate. 

On Allure in January, we opted to have dinner in the WJ as all other nights we had specialty dining.  I had read on previous posts that there was a wonderful seafood buffet, including lobster tails, on that night.  For me, it was totally disappointing.  They did have shrimp, which I can't eat as I am allergic to it, mussels, and fried fish.  I did try the fish and it was good, but the other things served as sides, main courses etc. were disappointing. The turkey which is one of my favorite things was so overcooked, it was almost inedible.

One thing I thought was good even though there was quite a wait as the line was long, was the crepe with fruit and ice cream.  If this is any indication of regular dinners in the WJ, we will stick to the specialty dining.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:20 AM, Host Clarea said:

Surprisingly, Windjammer is quieter than the MDR too.:classic_smile:

Totally agree.  No reservations needed, no waiting for table, go in when you feel like it, eat what you want in the portions you want, and nice selection.  

Quiet...relaxing.  

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  No reservations needed, no waiting for table, go in when you feel like it, eat what you want in the portions you want, and nice selection.  

Quiet...relaxing.  

I liked your reference to the Wind Jammer in another thread as the "Food Slammer". :classic_smile:

Edited by davekathy