Appetizer Order Sequence

ano

Shrimp cocktail, soup, salad, entree, dessert. I count 5 courses even thought the first three are now known as "starters". Also, I have never been on a cruise (we have been on about 40 or so) where I felt "hurried along". There may be some cruisers, however, who are so enamored of talking with their table mates, that maybe they need to be "hurried along" ?

I thought the service was much better at the Manhattan room than Taste or Savor. It was apparent to us to the Manhattan room was were the better or more senior servers were placed, Taste and Savor for this newer or lessor servers. Food is the same everywhere.

I have no doubt, the change to servicing multiple appitizors at once was to save time, maybe due to complaints of long meals. They have to put orders in so I'm guessing all the appetizers come out at once, so the change means the appetizers wait for you on your table, rather than on the cart, and it saves the server one trip over to exchange them. From the comments here, this sounds like it was a very recent change.

One other thing I have never seen, but only our second NCL cruise, was at each dinning room entrance, they would "advertise" what was at the buffet and O'Sheehans each night to try to lure you away from the dinning rooms. Like one "Asian Night" at the buffet was advertised, or Prime Rib at O'Sheehans. Funny how I DIDN'T see any such signs at the buffet and O'Sheehans "luring" you to the main dinning rooms. :o

I just got off of the NCL Gem. One night, we were seated at 6:30 p.m. I said I was ONLY ordering the Caesar salad and please bring that with the other salads/apps of my tablemates. And my dinner would ONLY be the soup and bruschetta. Could they please bring the soup & bruschetta when the table receives their entrees. They pushed that soup on me 4 times while my tablemates were having their appetizers. THEN ... we waited and we waited and we waited ... NO entrees. About 8:45 p.m. the table was served the entrees. NOTHING was served to me. I sat, I looked around, I laughed, everyone laughed. About 10 minutes later, I stop a waiter and ask where my soup was? Then I heard our head waiter say "NO ... that one is COLD ... get a new one!" I'm sure they just nuked it ... but I finally got my soup and bruschetta. Dinner was finished about 9:15 p.m. Really crazy.