Margaritaville Snorkel, Beach Break and Caribbean Party excursion in Falmouth

HBE4

I posted this on the Port-of-Call forum over a week ago but no replies yet. Since this forum receives more activity, I’m hoping to have better luck here. Plus, it’s an official RCI Shore Excursion, so it should be an appropriate discussion on this forum, right moderators?

Anyway, thinking of booking this when in Falmouth, Jamaica on Royal Caribbean. I have a few questions for anyone who has tried this.

How much time do you get at each location? Sailing…Snorkel…beach….Margaritaville?

How much and what kinds of food and drinks are available on the beach?

How was the snorkeling? I’ve heard Jamaica is not the best for snorkeling.

I assume the tour drops us off at Margaritaville which is right on the end of the pier and then it’s up to us to go back to the ship. Do we have to go into Margaritaville or are we free to wander Falmouth?

How crowded was Margaritaville when you got there? Do you have to pay to use the pool and lounge chairs?

Thanks!

I researched this excursion awhile back and found out that it was not the Falmouth margaritaville that was involved but Montego or Ocho Rios - can't remember which one. You are bussed over - a dealbreaker for us.

You don't have to pay for chairs or the pool at falmouth.

I posted this on the Port-of-Call forum over a week ago but no replies yet. Since this forum receives more activity, I’m hoping to have better luck here. Plus, it’s an official RCI Shore Excursion, so it should be an appropriate discussion on this forum, right moderators?

Anyway, thinking of booking this when in Falmouth, Jamaica on Royal Caribbean. I have a few questions for anyone who has tried this.

How much time do you get at each location? Sailing…Snorkel…beach….Margaritaville?

How much and what kinds of food and drinks are available on the beach?

How was the snorkeling? I’ve heard Jamaica is not the best for snorkeling.

I assume the tour drops us off at Margaritaville which is right on the end of the pier and then it’s up to us to go back to the ship. Do we have to go into Margaritaville or are we free to wander Falmouth?

How crowded was Margaritaville when you got there? Do you have to pay to use the pool and lounge chairs?

Thanks!

I am also very interested in this excursion. The RCCL description says:

The casual vibe continues on your catamaran ride back to Falmouth for a carefree time at Margaritaville.

The video below the description also shows the one in Falmouth.

Since this is at the port, I'm sure you are free to either explore or go back to the ship on your own.

Capture.JPG.56f69f24b717fa56003c1206ed6c053b.JPG

marg.JPG.6e8a4bd032d083e1b7628733e732447e.JPG

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser

Margaritaville is right near the ship. You are free to use the pool, hot tub etc. They don’t bother you. I guess they figure eventually you will order something. We loved hanging there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked this one mainly for the catamaran part and the beach stop.

We figured we'll just go back to the ship afterwards to enjoy the pools and hot tubs aboard which will be less crowded then, we hope.

Also watched some videos where the tour ended at Margarithaville right next to the cruiseship.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 12:26 PM, wolfganghowell said:

I researched this excursion awhile back and found out that it was not the Falmouth margaritaville that was involved but Montego or Ocho Rios - can't remember which one. You are bussed over - a dealbreaker for us.

You don't have to pay for chairs or the pool at falmouth.

Thanks! Being bussed over to Montego Bay would be a deal breaker for us too. But as Longhorn mentioned, I went back and reread the official RCI shore excursion description and it specifically mentions sailing back to Falmouth to go to Margaritavville.  

I guess it was changed since you checked it out....maybe the Margaritaville  in Falmouth is new??

On 10/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Margaritaville is right near the ship. You are free to use the pool, hot tub etc. They don’t bother you. I guess they figure eventually you will order something. We loved hanging there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank You. Good to know that they do not charge for chairs/pools/etc.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, Brandis said:

We booked this one mainly for the catamaran part and the beach stop.

We figured we'll just go back to the ship afterwards to enjoy the pools and hot tubs aboard which will be less crowded then, we hope.

Also watched some videos where the tour ended at Margarithaville right next to the cruiseship.

Same here, booked mainly for the catamaran & beach stop and snorkeling. Don't really care about the Margarithaville as I can just go back to the ship where I can eat & drink for free.

I take it that you booked the excursion but have not gone on it yet?

It looks ike the forum is returning to normal now. I had just posted this before the boards went down and a couple of questions where answered but I hope nobody minds if I re-post? As you can see, the original post #1 is a bit raw & un-formatted.

1) How much time do you get at each location? Sailing…Snorkel…beach….Margaritaville?

2) How much and what kinds of food and drinks are available on the beach?

3) How was the snorkeling? I’ve heard Jamaica is not the best for snorkeling.

4) I assume the tour drops us off at Margaritaville which is right on the end of the pier and then it’s up to us to go back to the ship. Do we have to go into Margaritaville or are we free to wander Falmouth?

5) How crowded was Margaritaville when you got there?