Promotion Calendar and Length

Hotspring

When will it end?   NCL has been running a Free Airfare + Free WiFi since 10.1.18.    It was supposed to thankfully expire on 10.16.18, but they have extended the miserable thing.

IMO totally worthless. 

We can easily trade in their Free at Sea WiFi choice for half the cost of purchasing Unlimited WiFi anyway.   Really not much of a savings and forthgoing an existing perk for suite passengers.

We have absolutely no control over what flights, number of stops, seats or even the ability to sit a group together on a flight.   Then there is the possibility that they will find a last week  flight for the two free passengers eligible that will have absolutely no additional seats for other passengers in the stateroom or be outrageously priced to offset any price break NCL negotiates with the airlines.   Even if the NCL guarantee ensures you will make your boarding, it might be on an exhausting red eye arriving too early in the morning but too late to check into a hotel for nap.

We are anxiously waiting for a Free Onboard Spend promotion to come back.   We had a miscommunication with our TA when the last one expired without warning on 9.30.18 and lost out on the $500 OBC promotion running then.   Really want to get our mindset going on reserving a cruise but not with restoration of a promotion that has almost as much value to us as the $500 OBC that we lost.

Any projections when this horrible promotion will end and a worthwhile one will roll out?   OBC, prepaid DSC, ???

Thanks for any projections.

Edited by Hotspring

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, Hotspring said:

When will it end?   NCL has been running a Free Airfare + Free WiFi since 10.1.18.    It was supposed to thankfully expire on 10.16.18, but they have extended the miserable thing.

IMO totally worthless. 

We can easily trade in their Free at Sea WiFi choice for half the cost of purchasing Unlimited WiFi anyway.   Really not much of a savings and forthgoing an existing perk for suite passengers.

We have absolutely no control over what flights, number of stops, seats or even the ability to sit a group together on a flight.   Then there is the possibility that they will find a last week  flight for the two free passengers eligible that will have absolutely no additional seats for other passengers in the stateroom or be outrageously priced to offset any price break NCL negotiates with the airlines.   Even if the NCL guarantee ensures you will make your boarding, it might be on an exhausting red eye arriving too early in the morning but too late to check into a hotel for nap.

We are anxiously waiting for a Free Onboard Spend promotion to come back.   We had a miscommunication with our TA when the last one expired without warning on 9.30.18 and lost out on the $500 OBC promotion running then.   Really want to get our mindset going on reserving a cruise but not with restoration of a promotion that has almost as much value to us as the $500 OBC that we lost.

Any projections when this horrible promotion will end and a worthwhile one will roll out?   OBC, prepaid DSC, ???

Thanks for any projections.

Found an workable answer to my quest in the following site.  Appears OBC should be seasonally showing up again shortly.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNA6M2AvBZ-Dr_cgnVLG-Zo8ltTNB6OOMNccAmhKAvNd8ryeT9GeoOLFSTBf-ycGg?key=S3NzZlRFekJiUVpJX3lVTjF1VGtkNUtYYWpQaW13

• Like 1

I am waiting for a new promotion as well to book an Alaskan cruise. Flying from Philly, the airfare promo is absolutely useless and I’m on vacation... why do I need free WiFi? With every other person on their WiFi, it’s gaursnteed to be slower than usual.  

Have they conpletely abandoned the free gratuities offer?

On 10/18/2018 at 12:25 AM, Hotspring said:

We can easily trade in their Free at Sea WiFi choice for half the cost of purchasing Unlimited WiFi anyway. 

What exactly do you mean by this? Most reports I've read here indicate the internet managers deem the free at sea wifi perq to have no value and won't provide partial credit to an unlimited plan. I take it your experience has been different?

14 hours ago, cdnsteelman said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Most reports I've read here indicate the internet managers deem the free at sea wifi perq to have no value and won't provide partial credit to an unlimited plan. I take it your experience has been different?

Interesting, I found out about the ability to trade the 250 Minutes Free At Sea perk for half the $34.99 daily cost of unlimited wifi on this site.  Or was it the Facebook site.   Enough folks affirmed that what they did to suggest that was the way to go.  The only qualification that might be needed was do to it as early as possible after you board.    I guess the jury is out again.

15 hours ago, cdnsteelman said:

Check out the recently opened Internet Packages thread here.    The BirdTravels person knows their stuff and affirms that you are offered that upgrade.   I vaguely recall having that choice on our last cruise but wanted to test the speed first.   It was decent so on our next one I am definitely trading in the 250' for the unlimited.

Agreed. The “free” air promo is worthless imo and has caused me to put my booking on hold. Just went to the NCL site though and looks like it expires in 3 days. Hopefully they don’t extend it!

F223A867-6A4F-483C-92D4-E60C4E0F8FA7.png

Edited by cksv

17 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

I’m thinking they may offer a different deal near Black Friday. 

We booked a cruise last year during Black Friday and it was great. We booked a balcony and got all 5 perks at that time. Prices were decent, and as they dropped prior to the cruise, they honored the price drop in the form of an awesome room upgrade and I kept the perks!

im looking forward to booking during this sale also again this year

On 10/28/2018 at 1:30 PM, Joeghartman said:

I did get an email that their airfare promo is ending tonight. Does that mean there will be new promos available tomorrow?

LOL.    The current promotion started on 10.1.18 and was supposed to end by 10.7, then 10.16, then 10.31 but then I saw an email suggesting it was ending 10.27, but now we are back to 10.31.18.    All we can do and wait for this dog to die and hope that the cabin and sailing date are not reserved by someone taking advantage of this promo not realizing that far, far better ones are typically offered.