Email notifications

I like the new Bell option for notifications.  (I don't like the pop-up notifications but I guess I'll have to learn to live with them.)  Now that I get notifications with the Bell, I'd like to turn off email notifications because I get too many emails already.  Is there a way to turn off email notifications ONLY and still get the notifications directly on the site?  The notifications settings don't seem to distinguish between onsite notifications and emails.

6 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I like the new Bell option for notifications.  (I don't like the pop-up notifications but I guess I'll have to learn to live with them.)  Now that I get notifications with the Bell, I'd like to turn off email notifications because I get too many emails already.  Is there a way to turn off email notifications ONLY and still get the notifications directly on the site?  The notifications settings don't seem to distinguish between onsite notifications and emails.

Go to your notification settings (click the bell and a link to the settings is in the upper right).  On the bottom half of the page, you can select what you get notified for.  Note there's one column for notifications (I think that's the pop ups) and one for email.  On the top half, you can determine what happens with auto followed content.

Make sure you save your settings.

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

I know how to get there but I don't see where you can distinguish between email notifications and notifications using the Bell icon.  If I select "do not send me notifications", I believe I won't get email notifications OR onsite notifications.

What I would like to do is stop the emails and keep getting the Bell notifications.  (This is an option in Facebook, which seems to be what CC is trying to imitate.)

image.png.be65486e74b985ed6823a937c7f0ca8a.png

Just now, CruisinCrow said:

I know how to get there but I don't see where you can distinguish between email notifications and notifications using the Bell icon.  If I select "do not send me notifications", I believe I won't get email notifications OR onsite notifications.

What I would like to do is stop the emails and keep getting the Bell notifications.  (This is an option in Facebook, which seems to be what CC is trying to imitate.)

image.png.be65486e74b985ed6823a937c7f0ca8a.png

Look beneath the area that you just posted a pic of.  That is where it's done.