Any Bella and Fantasia interior cabins to avoid on Divina?

molole

Be careful about the Divina interiors as they are not all the same, there are about four different sizes and unfortunately the "Stateroom Details" function on the MSC US and UK booking sites has been totally messed up for a few months.  In Bella class the midship interiors are much smaller than the forward and aft ones, look at decks eight and nine and it is pretty obvious.   I cannot currently see actual sizes (Skier52 could help), but my memory says something like 140sq/ft versus 169 sq/ft.  The same is true for deck ten, you just can't directly compare them.  I'm pretty sure all the larger Fantastica insides are the same size as the larger Bella insides, but the same is true about the midship ones being much smaller.  With Fantastica you will also see many cabins with a square shape rather than the usual rectangular.  These are actually about two square feet smaller, but in my opinion the layout makes the cabin feel much larger.  The largest size is the Handicap Accessible, which do come available for general booking as the sail date approaches.  I find these a little sparsely furnished and have a lack of storage in the bathroom and closet, but otherwise are pretty roomy.  There are many videos on YouTube showing each interior cabin type.  Just put in "MSC inside cabin" and sort through, or you can also specify Divina or her sister ships Fantasia, Preziosa and Splendida.

Since I'm a fan of the square design I'd choose Fantastica, I've avoided deck 12 forward as I'm unsure what is above them.  Probably just staff offices or cabins.  Regarding Bella, deck five is a bit concerning to me due to public areas above.  Deck eight aft is above the night club and forward is above the theater.  Since I'd rather sleep at 1am I'd choose forward as I wouldn't be in the cabin most of the time the theater is used.  If you're stuck on Bella deck nine would be better in my opinion.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Até said:

I cannot currently see actual sizes (Skier52 could help), but my memory says something like 140sq/ft versus 169 sq/ft. 

You are absolutely right

the sizes vary from 148 sq ft to 169 sq ft

the smaller ones are mostly in the hump

Pete

Edited by Skier52
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, molole said:

Is the square shaped one only 138 sqft?   It looks huge compared to the rectangular ones.  

I'm pretty sure they are 167 sq/ft.  Pete?  If you look at videos they appear much larger than the rectangular ones, it's that way in person too.  I've seen two different bathroom layouts with the squares, the difference is fairly negligible.

Edited by Até