We typically enjoy balcony cabins. Riviera outside cabins - how did you do?

dcsam

We enjoy balcony cabins.  Love the fresh air.  We’d like to try Oceania and I’m looking at a winter, Caribbean cruise aboard the Riviera.  But Id like to save some money by booking an outside cabin.  The windows look large and I get the feeling they’re bright and airy.  For those who are use to balconies, have you tried the Riviera or Marina window categories.  Any regrets?

I've actually booked them 2 or 3 times, but have never cruised in them as we've been offered upsells that we took. 

We've cruised in an inside on Marina and liked it fine. 

I considered an inside... until I saw the size.  There’s good value booking an inside - just not sure if I can do it.  My husband does have mobility challenges, so we probably spend more time in our cabins than most people.  Tough call - outside verses balcony. And if a balcony, gotta love the looks of those extended ones.  Decisions, decisions.

My husband and I almost always book an ocean view cabin.  One reason they sell out so quickly on the Marina and Riviera is that there are only 20 such cabins.  We've had a balcony cabin a couple of times but found that we didn't much use it.  The space was too small for us to comfortably enjoy having breakfast out there and after a day of exploring and touring we'd opt for a nap rather than just sitting outside.  Besides, the outdoor public spaces are comfortable and inviting; we preferred to spend the savings elsewhere in our travels.  Ultimately the decision is yours, but whatever you decide I'm certain that you will enjoy sailing with Oceania.

Harriet