Atlantis worth it? Mixed group

july72807

we have 3 kids under 7 years old and my parents with us

love the idea of the beach and aquarium - are they in close proximity? can you do both? i have no idea what the aquarium is like, how large or massive and how far from the beach. also is there a pool?

Atlantis is a large property with multiple aquariums, a water park, and several beaches.  All are in close enough proximity to do in a day.  There is a kids play area in the water park, and the lazy river (and rapids river) may work for your kids ages with life vests.

The Cove beach is an excellent beach right off the park and pools.  If you do decide to go, one of the aquariums has an entrance in the main lobby and the other predator aquarium, the entrance is a bit hidden inside the clamshell restaurant outside.  You go in to the restaurants and there is a staircase right in the middle that goes down.

There is also a shark tank near one of the water slides, you can't miss it, the slides go through it.

The main "dig" aquariums are very large, you walk through a cave like area and view them.  It's pretty amazing.

Whether it's all worth it for you is a personal decision.  It's pricey to be sure.

There are several different kinds of passes you can get at Atlantis.  The Digs (Aquarium) pass is for the aquarium only and does not give you access to the beach or pools.  The beach day pass gives you access to the beach and the aquarium.  If you want to use the pools and waterpark, you have to get the Aquaventure pass which gives you access to everything.

With 3 kids under 7, the beach day pass is probably the way to go.  I think the kids would be too small for most of the waterpark and it is very expensive.  

Regardless of which pass you pick, it is a big property so bring comfortable shoes and prepare for some walking.  Also, bring some bottled water since there are no water fountains.

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 3:13 PM, BNBR said:

Atlantis is a large property with multiple aquariums, a water park, and several beaches.  All are in close enough proximity to do in a day.  There is a kids play area in the water park, and the lazy river (and rapids river) may work for your kids ages with life vests.

The Cove beach is an excellent beach right off the park and pools.  If you do decide to go, one of the aquariums has an entrance in the main lobby and the other predator aquarium, the entrance is a bit hidden inside the clamshell restaurant outside.  You go in to the restaurants and there is a staircase right in the middle that goes down.

There is also a shark tank near one of the water slides, you can't miss it, the slides go through it.

The main "dig" aquariums are very large, you walk through a cave like area and view them.  It's pretty amazing.

Whether it's all worth it for you is a personal decision.  It's pricey to be sure.

Is the cove beach part of atlantis property? If you get a day pass does that grant you access? Or is that another property's beach?

15 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

Is the cove beach part of atlantis property? If you get a day pass does that grant you access? Or is that another property's beach?

Yes, it's an Atlantis private beach and accessible if you have a day pass. 

• 2 weeks later...

We got the beach day pass which is about $25 more than the Digs pass.  I think the Aquaventure pass is way overpriced, considering we will spend a full day before on RC's water park on their private island.  

I am hoping it's a nice beach with some fishes for snorkelling. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:59 PM, CSAU said:

We got the beach day pass which is about $25 more than the Digs pass.  I think the Aquaventure pass is way overpriced, considering we will spend a full day before on RC's water park on their private island.  

I am hoping it's a nice beach with some fishes for snorkelling. 

Yes we ended up getting the beach and dig combo day pass...had no interest in the water park. The water seems a little rougher based off of reviews...and another beach a bit calmer, but didn't get the impression they were good for snorkeling. But again based off of reading and have no actual idea lol

30 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

Yes we ended up getting the beach and dig combo day pass...had no interest in the water park. The water seems a little rougher based off of reviews...and another beach a bit calmer, but didn't get the impression they were good for snorkeling. But again based off of reading and have no actual idea lol

I would not expect the cove beach at Atlantis to be rough. It's a Cove, protected. Really pretty awesome. 

Edited by BNBR

The only place at Atlantis that is adults only is the Main pool at the Cove tower.  It used to be named the Cain Pool.. I think it's Sip Sip now (not sure of the name).  The pool between the Cove tower and Reef is restricted to Cove, Reef guests.   All else is open to all.   The Cove tower is NOT adults only as some may think.

The beach loungers in front of the Cove/Reef are for Cove/Reef guests only, but the beach itself is open to all guests.   

The Cove beach used to be off limits to Day Pass users, but that has since changed and anyone can use it. 

1 hour ago, scubagirrl said:

The only place at Atlantis that is adults only is the Main pool at the Cove tower.  It used to be named the Cain Pool.. I think it's Sip Sip now (not sure of the name).  The pool between the Cove tower and Reef is restricted to Cove, Reef guests.   All else is open to all.   The Cove tower is NOT adults only as some may think.

The beach loungers in front of the Cove/Reef are for Cove/Reef guests only, but the beach itself is open to all guests.   

The Cove beach used to be off limits to Day Pass users, but that has since changed and anyone can use it. 

Thank you