Where to go on Half Moon Cay?

july72807

we will be there in a few weeks - November - and it looks like it is best to make this a beach day. if so, where do we go to find chairs? are their clam shells? my mother needs some shade. also i read somewhere but in an old, old post there is a splash pad for the kids? is this walkable from beach?

also some made me concerned that the beach is a long walk from the port - is this so? both my parents are in their 70's, and my dad is recovering from cancer. would it be ridiculous to take a cab to the beach? cabanas are not an option as they are sold out on Carnival website.

There are loungers at EVERY beach area...no worries.  The 1st beach you come to will be the most crowded...if you don't like that, keep walking, and you'll find less crowds the further you go.  If there aren't loungers where you want them, move some to where you want to be.  They are not attached to the sand.

There are no "cabs"...this is the PRIVATE SHIP"S BEACH....it's not large...probably 3-7 acres...totally walkable.

OP, if you are on Carnival, you can put your name on a wait list (email them) for a cabana if they are out.  Then go to the shore excursion desk immediately upon arriving on the ship and see if you can get one.  That's what we did the first time and were able to grab one.   There is a shuttle that runs kind of on the pathway in back of the cabanas.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been there 4 times and will be again in another week.  You can rent a "clam shell" which will give you shade, but do before you get there or you may not get.  There are hundreds of loungers lined up on the beautiful beach.  It's a short walk from where the tender lets you off.  It's a perfect beach day, and the buffet lunch that the cruise line puts on is more than satisfactory.  You'll enjoy yourself if you are a beach person.