NCL PCC or TA preference to book cruise

Cruisennerable

Looking for cruisers opinions on how they prefer to book their cruises. I am looking at booking a last minute cruise for December on the Bliss using the Air Free @ Sea promotion. This would include airfare, 3 promotions on a balcony BF (only GTY left) 899$, my TA is offering another 75 OBC for cruise under 1000 and a further 50 for being a loyalty customer total of $125 OBC extra. Is there any downside booking with them instead of NCL directly; the cruise is 42 days out.

It’s tricky what’s yiu are thinking about is a room  BX which is not available for promotion (all codes with X are by qualified) also known as a sail away. This is slightly different the cost is more expensive as it’s an actual catagory in this case BF, but they have no regular rooms left so they only offer you GTY for the room code ( take your chances on getting an accessible or someone gets a bid up releasing one) Codes with X are cheaper and therefore not available for the free promo ( which as you can see is not free LOL)

24 minutes ago, dubroben22 said:

i thought GTY cabins come without promotions

No, Sail Away rooms come without promotions. When inventory gets low in a category, it will often switch to GTY rather than you being able to choose a specific room, but you still get the perks for that category.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, Cruisennerable said:

Looking for cruisers opinions on how they prefer to book their cruises. I am looking at booking a last minute cruise for December on the Bliss using the Air Free @ Sea promotion. This would include airfare, 3 promotions on a balcony BF (only GTY left) 899$, my TA is offering another 75 OBC for cruise under 1000 and a further 50 for being a loyalty customer total of $125 OBC extra. Is there any downside booking with them instead of NCL directly; the cruise is 42 days out.

The only disadvantage of booking with a TA, is that technically they own the booking so any changes have to be made through them, however since the cruise is so close you are not likely to make and changes, and you can still book your own shows, dining, and excursions. In other words in this case it is a no brainer to book with the TA.