Question Re: Black Card Benefits

MrWaggles

My wife and I have Elite status on Princess, and for various reasons we would like to try another cruise line, so we did a status match to the MSC Voyagers Club and are now Black card members.

My question is this: as Black card members on MSC, do we get free laundry and ‘My Choice Dining’, the only things that are keeping us with Princess?  I know that this might sound silly, but those benefits are important to us.  Don’t judge us :classic_biggrin: .

Richard

27 minutes ago, MrWaggles said:

My wife and I have Elite status on Princess, and for various reasons we would like to try another cruise line, so we did a status match to the MSC Voyagers Club and are now Black card members.

My question is this: as Black card members on MSC, do we get free laundry and ‘My Choice Dining’, the only things that are keeping us with Princess?  I know that this might sound silly, but those benefits are important to us.  Don’t judge us :classic_biggrin: .

Richard

MSC does not offer free laundry, which I received on NCL.  

21 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You also need to be aware that if you do not cruise within a 3-year period, your status match will lapse and cannot be reinstated.  

I’ve matched and we have a cruise booked for next September 2019 (our price reflects the 5% off). However, that sailing date is beyond the 3 years that I matched.  

Do you know whether I’ll still be considered as the higher status for the cruise? Thanks! 

(I actually only matched myself and thought I may need to match my husband sooner to the sailing date if needed...)

2 hours ago, hun said:

I’ve matched and we have a cruise booked for next September 2019 (our price reflects the 5% off). However, that sailing date is beyond the 3 years that I matched.  

Do you know whether I’ll still be considered as the higher status for the cruise? Thanks! 

(I actually only matched myself and thought I may need to match my husband sooner to the sailing date if needed...)

Nope, booked cruises don't count.  So you need to take a cruise if you want to keep your status.  I made the same mistake.  Matched when the first announcement came out.  Had a booked cruise outside the 3-year limit.  Had to take another cruise to maintain my Black status.

• 3 weeks later...