Jacket required on Sanctuary River Cruise NILE

Jacqueline

I know that I should probably talk to Abercrombie and Kent but they probably have no idea, other than what is printed in their brochure.

The itinerary calls for a jacket one night. I’m spending a month in Egypt/Africa and am trying to travel light (we have something like four long flights and another 6 short hops). 

Any idea whether a dress shirt will mean we get no dinner? Unlike cruise ships, there isn’t an alternative  venue. 

They seem quite insistent about it on their itinerary don't they?

'Tonight’s dinner will be a gala dinner (jacket required), with white-gloved waiters serving gourmet cuisine.'

I probably wouldn't have booked the cruise myself after reading that part since the last thing you need with you in Egypt is a jacket.

Perhaps a nice quality galabaya would suffice?

Right? !

We added another ten days to our trip after everything, incl air was booked, so that changed the way I looked at the jacket situation. I’m sure they can put food on a plate without the gloves and serve us somewhere else. 

15 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

I’m sure they can put food on a plate without the gloves and serve us somewhere else. 

This is where I'd be conflicted, as they most likely genuinely can't arrange to serve you elsewhere without significant difficulty.

These ships don't have a lot of staff, everyone does double or triple duty and so they tend to focus on getting everyone in the same space at the same time so the same few staff can cope.

This is why I wouldn't have booked in the first place as being required to wear a jacket on a small ship for a dinner like this just doesn't play to the strengths of the ship, the crew or the location.

... but, if I signed up knowing there was a 'jacket required' event, I'd take a jacket...

That's just me though...