Epic dining question please help ala carte price?

missemo12345

Yes, you can book with your plan. You'll get free 1 app (although some say you can get more than one, depends on waiter I guess :), 1 entrée and dessert.

The a la carte pricing shows prices for people without dining plan or if you wanted to go to more than 3 resturants those are the prices you would pay after your 3 meals are up. 

Apps seem to run between 4-7$, entrees between 14-26$. prices definitely lower than onshore resturants. 

13 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

Is there a "charge" for the 3 specialty dining option like the "free" open bar?

No charge for your drinks if you have the drink package. On the Epic, they have always been very strict at least in our case with one entree, one appetizer and one dessert.

58 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

Is there a "charge" for the 3 specialty dining option like the "free" open bar?

I'm thinking you are asking is there a 20% charge on the retail value of the dining package?  If so, yes.

5 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

Yes, you can book with your plan. You'll get free 1 app (although some say you can get more than one, depends on waiter I guess :), 1 entrée and dessert.

The a la carte pricing shows prices for people without dining plan or if you wanted to go to more than 3 resturants those are the prices you would pay after your 3 meals are up. 

Apps seem to run between 4-7$, entrees between 14-26$. prices definitely lower than onshore resturants. 

Thank you very much for explaining this I now understand.

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No charge for your drinks if you have the drink package. On the Epic, they have always been very strict at least in our case with one entree, one appetizer and one dessert.

Are you saying that you have been charged for extra Apps or Desserts? If so you are almost unique based on actual reports.

They apparently sometimes say there is a restriction (although I have only rarely been told that), but if you order anyway then they don't actually charge for the extra entrees and desserts.That is as reported by others on here. When I asked for any experience of anyone actually being charged then only one person responded that they had.

There is no actual restriction of apps and desserts, as per the T&Cs.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Are you saying that you have been charged for extra Apps or Desserts? If so you are almost unique based on actual reports.

They apparently sometimes say there is a restriction (although I have only rarely been told that), but if you order anyway then they don't actually charge for the extra entrees and desserts.That is as reported by others on here. When I asked for any experience of anyone actually being charged then only one person responded that they had.

There is no actual restriction of apps and desserts, as per the T&Cs.

Have not been charged because I did not order more.  Each time upon being seated, we were told it included only one entree, one app and one dessert.  I even talked to the Maitre 'd and was told that if we wanted 2 apps we would be charged the extra.  This is on the Epic.  Next time I will take the T & C with me.

14 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Have not been charged because I did not order more.  Each time upon being seated, we were told it included only one entree, one app and one dessert.  I even talked to the Maitre 'd and was told that if we wanted 2 apps we would be charged the extra.  This is on the Epic.  Next time I will take the T & C with me.

From what people report on here, you won't even need the T&C's (although that doesn't hurt).

Quite a few people apparently just order extra despite being told that they are extra and they say that they have never actually been charged.

To avoid any confusion, I will state here that the Platinum meals are different and the restriction on apps and desserts does apply there and extras are often (but not always) charged for in that case.