FLL Hotel Questions

Whimsy

I am wanting to book a reservation at either Amerisuites thru Value Trips or at Extended Stay America. I need 2 hotel rooms in October but I would like to make sure I can cancel the reservations as I would like to try for a better place on Price Line as the trip gets closer.

Has anyone ever made reservations thru Value Trips and cancelled? Was there any problems?

Also, I have tried calling Extended Stay at the number on the website and I just get a message of when thier regular hours are and can't get a live person. Any ideas what is going on? I am calling during thier regular hours.

Thank you.

Also, I have tried calling Extended Stay at the number on the website and I just get a message of when thier regular hours are and can't get a live person. Any ideas what is going on? I am calling during thier regular hours.

Thank you.

Whimsy, are you calling (954)761-9055? I just called and the voice message came on saying "if you know the guests room number dial it now, otherwise stay on the line or press zero and your call will be answered ."

I stayed on the line and a human answered the call.

Ughhh!!!!!

I just called and the girl that answered couldn't give me a rate for October or book a room because it was too far in advance! :eek: Thank goodness I am a patient person! LOL

I'll try again tomorrow.....

Whimsey - We booked a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale for October back in November and have now found that most hotels are full for the last week in October due to the boat show - I'm not sure why someone would tell you that October is too far out.

We ended up booking Amerisuites (but not through value trips as it a week that was blocked out) and we can cancel up to the day of arrival without being charged and according to extended stay's web site they have the same cancelation policy. Jan

Definitely call back during "normal business hours" and get the day shift. If you put October dates into the reservation system on their website it definitely gives you a price, so whoever you talked to tonight was either clueless or just didn't want to be bothered. Call tomorrow and if you get someone who tells you that again ask to speak with a manager.

ESA is a wonderful budget hotel, much nicer than AmeriSuites!

If you want an inexpensive hotel go with either Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street or Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center". They're both very nice and their location can't be beat! They're a block from the port and everything you could possibly want is right there.

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America does not have shuttles - it's a no frills, budget hotel, and a very nice, clean one at that... MOST hotels in Fort Lauderdale do NOT have free shuttles. The SE 17th Street hotels are all less than 10 minutes from FLL and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades. Taxis are cheap, plentiful, and a whole lot more convenient. In most cases shuttles are far more hassle than they're worth! It seems as if the hotels here that DO have shuttles do so because they have nothing else going for them and have to.

Archived