Military Discount?

asctony

5 minutes ago, dgakers said:

My experience has been NO.  BTW the Military discount is 10%.

Thanks! The onboard person who did my booking was not very knowledgeable. She didn't even suggest the Drinks on Us promotion. Maybe they are too busy. She was also an 1 1/2 hours late to her desk.

We were only able to use 1 discount of which the military is better at 10%  We did have to send copies of our IDs.  We booked our next cruise prior to taking the most recent one and MSC accepted our ID paperwork for both vs having to send it in a second time.

Thanks for all your input. I am registered and have been for the past 12 years with MSC. In fact,  did 3 MSC cruises this year on 3 different ships with Military discounts. Don't know why on board rep could not do military discount.

Yes,  I do turn my books over to my TA.

6 minutes ago, psmarkle said:

We booked our next cruise prior to taking the most recent one and MSC accepted our ID paperwork for both vs having to send it in a second time.

Yes, MSC is good about that.  I just booked a cabin using the Civil service discount I had first filed for in 2017, even though the on last few sailings I did not use it (Voyagers Selections).  As the discount is still available for retired service people too it was no problem, so I guess it won't expire.

5 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thanks for all your input. I am registered and have been for the past 12 years with MSC. In fact,  did 3 MSC cruises this year on 3 different ships with Military discounts. Don't know why on board rep could not do military discount.

Was there another discount used like Voyagers Selection?  Was it for a balcony or above?

ETA: Perhaps on board rep could not see the information filed earlier.  I hope you can get it applied later.

Edited by Até

On board booked a balcony. The person who did the booking knew me from another cruise this year. I told her I was retired military. She said she could give me a 5% discount and Corp would give me an additional 5% for military. 

Onboard needs an area with desks to take care of future bookings like the other cruise lines have. This would be easier on us plus them to do bookings.

My TA is working on getting my 10% discount.