Napali Coast, Kauai, views from Sea Princess

happyholidaycampers

The only post I remember reading that said they had a view of the Na Pali coast was because the ship could not make the Kuaui port due to high winds and it turned into a sea day. Since it was an unexpected sea day, the Captain did have the ship sail around the Island.

2 hours ago, happyholidaycampers said:

Thanks for the responses, yes it is the Sydney to Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.  I was hoping that we might get to see the coast from the ocean but dont want the high winds!!!!!

May have to seriously consider the helicopter option

Ironically, if the ship cannot enter Nawiliwili because of high winds, they may sail around Kauai giving nice views of the Napali coast. Because you will arrive there in the spring or summer, you can take the helicopter tour, or if you want to get close, there are catamaran tours as well. Nawiliwili port is on the SE side of the island and Napali Coast is on the NW side. Have fun

4 hours ago, happyholidaycampers said:

Thanks for the responses, yes it is the Sydney to Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.  I was hoping that we might get to see the coast from the ocean but dont want the high winds!!!!!

May have to seriously consider the helicopter option

We've done Wings Over Kauai and thought it was better (plus a lot less expensive) than the helicopter.

https://www.wingsoverkauai.com/