MSC Seaside YC smoking areas

goaliemn

I sailed Seaside YC in March and am doing it again in acouple of weeks.  At that time, they sold cigars in YC but there wasn't any area in YC to smoke cigars.  I had made some comments to the concierge, as well as on the survey afterwards about that.  Has anyone that sailed recently know if they added cigar smoking to the smoking area on the YC deck?

I hope this doesn't turn into a smoking discussion.  This is just a simple question.  If you don't like smoking/cigars/etc.. please don't comment.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, goaliemn said:

I sailed Seaside YC in March and am doing it again in acouple of weeks.  At that time, they sold cigars in YC but there wasn't any area in YC to smoke cigars.  I had made some comments to the concierge, as well as on the survey afterwards about that.  Has anyone that sailed recently know if they added cigar smoking to the smoking area on the YC deck?

I hope this doesn't turn into a smoking discussion.  This is just a simple question.  If you don't like smoking/cigars/etc.. please don't comment.

Thanks

I thought that any smoking area on any cruise would allow cigarettes, cigars and e cigs in the smoking area, I am an ex smoker but do use an e cig and still have to go to the smoking area so why would they not allow cigars??? As these sometimes smell better than cigarettes. Where's the logic? 

personally we did not experience this - i understand that now the entire outdoor area of the Top Sail is all smoking section - i rarely have seen anyone there and cannot see what the issue would be to enjoy a cigar in this area....

what week are u sailing?

7 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

personally we did not experience this - i understand that now the entire outdoor area of the Top Sail is all smoking section - i rarely have seen anyone there and cannot see what the issue would be to enjoy a cigar in this area....

what week are u sailing?

I agree smoking area is smoking😀

9 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

what week are u sailing?

Dec 15 is our week.  I may just do that and see what they say.  It wasn’t used that much and the area where they had it designated was always so full.  And even there, people would complain.  It was quite frustrating.  You have 99% of the boat smoke free.  Let me enjoy a cigar in 1% of it.

6 minutes ago, goaliemn said:

Dec 15 is our week.  I may just do that and see what they say.  It wasn’t used that much and the area where they had it designated was always so full.  And even there, people would complain.  It was quite frustrating.  You have 99% of the boat smoke free.  Let me enjoy a cigar in 1% of it.

Totally agree - see u on board - we are doing a B2B beginning on the 8th of December in the YC

6 minutes ago, goaliemn said:

You say that the people complained who are there to inhale cigarette smoke, then I take it this is not company policy. Go and enjoy your cigar, your on your holidays(Scottish)(vacation) some people like to complain about complaining. Enjoy your Cigar.

4 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

Totally agree - see u on board - we are doing a B2B beginning on the 8th of December in the YC

Sounds great.  It looks like you’ll be there with your partner, based on your photo.  My partner is from Toronto, and is usually in a hockey jersey.  So if you see that, or acouple of bears wandering around YC, say hi 🙂

12 minutes ago, goaliemn said:

Sounds great.  It looks like you’ll be there with your partner, based on your photo.  My partner is from Toronto, and is usually in a hockey jersey.  So if you see that, or acouple of bears wandering around YC, say hi

for sure - we also have another couple coming with us from Columbus Ohio - we met them on the Divina a few years back and now seem to cruise with them a bit now - my partner is more of the cigar smoker for sure....and you can get some great cigars in Cozumel as they get imported from the Cuba and the Dominican....

2 hours ago, Scot born said:

I thought that any smoking area on any cruise would allow cigarettes, cigars and e cigs in the smoking area, I am an ex smoker but do use an e cig and still have to go to the smoking area so why would they not allow cigars??? As these sometimes smell better than cigarettes. Where's the logic? 

I don't know if this sign is still there but....

uMXkT9hyEn.JPG

...MSC does make a distinction. 

13 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I don't know if this sign is still there but....

uMXkT9hyEn.JPG

...MSC does make a distinction. 

Beggars Belief, what is the difference, personally I prefer cigar smoke to cigarettes.

this is nonsense....... 

8 minutes ago, Scot born said:

Beggars Belief, what is the difference, personally I prefer cigar smoke to cigarettes.

this is nonsense....... 

I'm indifferent on the subject. I thought that one side (port) was non-smoking and the other side (starboard) allowed smoking but since I never saw anyone smoking out there, I didn't pay attention.

• 3 weeks later...