30% off pre-cruise purchases...incl beverage package upgrade!

bebe08

9 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Thanks, Dawg, and I'm sorry you're getting the runaround on this.  We also paid in Cdn$ and I didn't see an option to upgrade on the cruise planner but when I called the Captains Club the price she gave me was the lesser one....I even confirmed it included the 18% service charge so as not to be surprised with a higher final charge to my credit card.   Very frustrating isn't it when two people get charged differently for basically the same thing.  And yes, I agree that it's not really the difference in cost but the principal that's the most annoying.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy 😊 

I sent an email to them today but otherwise i am not going to spend anymore time on it.  I love the cruises on Celebrity so I don't want to worry too much.  I should have just paid the price and forgot about it 😂.  Maybe they count on that.

have a good cruise!!😊

I was considering paying for the Classic to Premium upgrade during the Sale for my Feb 2020 cruise as it was 20% off usual price and came in at £81. I got as far as putting it in the 'cart' then started to look at Shore Excursions. I was distracted and, long story short, did not make the purchase before the Sale cut off time. So I emptied my 'cart'. I expect there will be another opportunity before the actual cruise date, and possibly a better discount rate. So was not too bothered.

Logging into my Planner today, the Sale has finished - but the Upgrade is still shown at the same price as yesterday!!

What is the usual full price daily upgrade? Yesterday (20% off) it was £7.36 a day (£6.24 + 18%) 

Today it is the same.  🤔

As far as Celebrity giving differing amounts of drink package discounts for the same length of cruise, or no discount at all - as it has been many times - you can definitely count on Celebrity to be "consistently inconsistent".  

It would be much better if they would have a simple, straightforward discount of a single percentage (say 25%), applying equally to all cruises, for a specific window of sailing dates, beginning and ending on specific dates/times.  Then there would be no confusion and less customer frustration.  But I suppose that would reduce their flexibility to fine tune revenue for specific sailings.