30% off pre-cruise purchases...incl beverage package upgrade!

bebe08

I received an email today advertising up to 30% off select purchases before you sail.  We already had the classic bev pkg as an included perk.  I checked my cruise planner and could see that the premium pkg was showing at 63.27 Canadian.  Last time I checked about a month ago the premium was going for $90 Canadian, and upgrade was going to cost us close to $30 pp per day.   So premium is indeed 30% off 🙂  ( I am always cautious of the "up to" 30%)

I called Captains Club as I couldn't see a way to upgrade online.  They added the classic pkg to my cruise planner so that I could upgrade online.  Soooo....I was able to upgrade for $10.75 pp per day!!  

There are other pre-cruise purchases discounted as well.  Below is some info from the email in case not everyone got it.

SAVE UP TO 30%. HURRY, CLOCK IS TICKING.

*Offer must be booked between Wednesday, November 28th, 2018 - Monday, December 3rd, 2018. Offer applies to select sailings departing from December 1st, 2018 - May 11th, 2020; excluding chartered sailings. Offer provides savings on new purchases and upgrades of select beverage packages, shore excursions, specialty dining packages, internet packages, photo packages and spa treatments for select sailings. Savings amounts vary by product, ship, and length of voyage. Offer excludes dining packages, beverage savings offer, internet and photo packages, and spa treatments on Edge voyages. Offer excludes Specialty Restaurant Trio Package on Holiday voyages. Price shown at time of purchase reflects savings. Eligible tours, packages, and treatments vary by sailing and port of call. All tours, packages, and treatments are subject to availability. Changes to purchases or booking made by guest may result in loss of discount or additional fees. Cancellations will be refunded in the original form of payment: onboard credits will be applied to your account, and credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days. Offer applies to standard shore excursions offered by Celebrity Cruises. Offer excludes Private Journeys and other special tours. Offer cannot be combined with any other shore excursion promotion or package. Tours, packages, and treatments booked prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer. Tour, package, and treatment prices are per person and subject to change without notice. Offer will not be available onboard. Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Captain Club discounts or any other offer or promotion. VAT is included in price where applicable. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. Shore excursion specific restrictions apply. Terms and restrictions for each package type apply and are available at celebritycruises.com. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

©2018 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ship's registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mails from
Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com.

We hope you enjoyed this e-mail from:
Celebrity Cruises Inc.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
www.celebrity.com

Privacy Policy open.aspx?ffcb10-fe5c16727663067e7c13-fde41d79736d067c7d137273-fe741570746504797615-fe9a17747565037977-fe29167977610179761173-ffcb10

• Like 2

Some cruises are 50% off Beverage package and upgrades.  Just upgraded our Classic to Premium for $5.90 per day including gratuity😄   Not every Cruise -no discounts showing for our Edge booking, but March repo and Oct r/t Hawaii are great deals.

I called the Captain's Club number and upgraded from the Classic beverage package to the Premium beverage package for $7.00 per day plus 18% gratuity = $8.26 USD per day.  This is for cruises sailing on Jan 5 and Jan 17, 2019.

Back in July, the cost to upgrade to the premium from Classic was $14 +18%. I upgraded with a 20% off offer. It looks like today, the cost to upgrade from classic to premium is back to only $10 +18%. Is this true? Is this the current cost to upgrade from classic to premium? I also got the email, so do I also get an extra 30% from the 11.80/person/day to upgrade? Even if I don't get the 30% off, I am still $20 ahead by cancelling my current upgrade and re booking!

Edited by Sandy1975

You should be able to cancel and re-book at lower price.

I have a couple of shore excursions booked...I booked when they were 20% off.  I checked and they are still same as what I paid.   It is definitely "up to" 30% off.  I am very happy we scored with the beverage package upgrade!!  

After seeing this post I called the Captains Club to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium for our cruise next year in February.  I had thought that in the past the upgrade from Classic to Premium was $11.80 ($10.00 + 1.80 gratitude)  However I was told the upgrade was $14 plus the 18% gratitude.  So I upgraded with the 30% off saving us $50 for the 2 of us for a 7 night cruise!  

2 minutes ago, Ordinary Chef said:

After seeing this post I called the Captains Club to upgrade from the Classic to the Premium for our cruise next year in February.  I had thought that in the past the upgrade from Classic to Premium was $11.80 ($10.00 + 1.80 gratitude)  However I was told the upgrade was $14 plus the 18% gratitude.  So I upgraded with the 30% off saving us $50 for the 2 of us for a 7 night cruise!  

Well, that was the price back in July. I just called X and Captain Club rep confirmed that the cost to upgrade is $10 +18% . The 30% off doesn't apply to edge. I would be $20 ahead if I cancel and rebook.

He said the price of the classic package just increased to $59 (from $55). You can see that online as well.

Edited by Sandy1975

I cancelled my old upgrade and re booked at the lower new price of $11.80. I was not eligible for the 30% off but this gives me extra spending cash for trying drinks at some of the specialty bars in the Edge that are not covered by the premium package.

FYI. Just checked our Equinox Western Carib cruise departing in 2 and one half weeks.  There was a banner that said 10% off the classic to premium upgrade.  BUT, the price quoted was $16.42 a day which is $14 plus 18%.  What I figured to pay.  It stated the discount was included in the listed price but obviously not.  I only want to upgrade my package as DH doesn't really drink so I will wait till aboard anyway.

The Classic increase from $55 to $59 is effective for cruises departing after 12/31/18. So the standard upgrade price is still $14 for 2018 cruises and $10 for later cruises.

Or at least it should be! Perhaps they are instead making the $10 upgrade for cruises with final payment dates after 12/31/18.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

7 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

The Classic increase from $55 to $59 is effective for cruises departing after 12/31/18. So the standard upgrade price is still $14 for 2018 cruises and $10 for later cruises.

Or at least it should be! Perhaps they are instead making the $10 upgrade for cruises with final payment dates after 12/31/18.

You are correct. My sailing is in March. However,  without seen this threat I would had never realized that the difference was back to $10! 

Just looked at our cruise booked for 30/6/19 and the upgrade package is there to book (from Classic to Premium) at a cost of £6.44 per day. Can book it online and use the OBC we have for this, so just need to decide if it's worthwhile to us.

32 minutes ago, Prefdavid said:

Just looked at our cruise booked for 30/6/19 and the upgrade package is there to book (from Classic to Premium) at a cost of £6.44 per day. Can book it online and use the OBC we have for this, so just need to decide if it's worthwhile to us.

I have looked in my Cruise Planner and see the advertised Sale. But I cannot see how to purchase the upgrade Classic to Premium. I only have an option to purchase the full Premium package for £1,000+. I already have the Classic. Is there a link for the upgrade?

4 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I have looked in my Cruise Planner and see the advertised Sale. But I cannot see how to purchase the upgrade Classic to Premium. I only have an option to purchase the full Premium package for £1,000+. I already have the Classic. Is there a link for the upgrade?

Indeed there is. Into Manage My Reservation and click on the Beverage Packages. If the upgrade is available to you it will show there.

3 minutes ago, cruisesport said:

I have a lot of OBC's and will use them, but then cant take advantage of this ahead of time.

Why not? I understood that if you pre-book anything with Celebrity they will take the amount off your OBC , assuming you have enough for that purchase.

Edited by Prefdavid