Wine package on Regal Princess??

joat

Booked on May 10, 2019 Regal Princess--Copenhagen >Copenhagen.

I find only individual bottles listed so far on the Princess site.  On CC the most recent discussion I have found so far about wine packages on Princes is from 2008 and 2006.

We have sailed on HAL several times, thrice on RC, once on Celebrity.  We have always bought wine packages prior to sailing.  HAL and Cunard have wine package.  I am finding only individual bottles of wine.  Am I missing something on their site? 

We have had the wine package on every Princess cruise for years. It is available at most cruises that are longer than a week. Because it is not offered on all cruises, it is not on the Cruise Personalizer. You have to ask for it.

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We have had the wine package on every Princess cruise for years. It is available at most cruises that are longer than a week. Because it is not offered on all cruises, it is not on the Cruise Personalizer. You have to ask for it.

"You have to ask for it" is the definite statement. On the cruise we got off of 2 weeks ago they were selling them. If you do not see it before dinner, just ask your waiter or the head waiter as you enter. Might be able to buy it during lunch in the MDR, not 100% sure though.

3 hours ago, Whitetrike said:

Got off Regal 11/18 and did not see a wine package.  The package they did have was a "drinks" package that included mixed drinks and spirits!  Was priced per day and limited to I think 10 or 12 drinks per day!

Yes, the 'drinks' packages are listed and ridiculous.  But wine seemed to be by the bottle only.   Just strange.

3 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Our cruise is longer than a week.  I have queried Princess about wine packages for our cruise.  So far, no reply either to my email or my query on their Facebook page.  Just strange.

How can the ship plan on wines to stock using that system?  That is just weird, and not used on an of the other Carnival family of cruise line on which we have sailed.  I have a call in now, awaiting a call back from Princess rep.  No answer for 2 days, however, and repeated attempts.  This is really becoming so unlike Carnival Corp.

Since the wine packages are nowhere on the Princess website, it might not be on the system used by their phone or FB reps either.  The lack of reply is an indication that those reps do not have an answer.

Even if it’s on the rep’s system, it can only be purchased on the ship & availability is subject to having sufficient inventory even on eligible cruises.  The Princess wine packages have been poorly mismanaged since inception.

I purchase it from our dining room servers who deliver our wine because there are some benefits to staff such as time off in port for selling it.

Edited by Astro Flyer