MOTS - Owners Suite vs Grand Suite

mandream

We're currently booked in a 1 BR Grand Suite on the Majesty of the Seas.  Trying to understand the differences between it and an Owner's Suite.  I know it is a bit bigger - 446 vs 355 square feet and it has a double sofa bed instead of a single.  Wondering if there are any other differences or reasons to switch.

The description of the deck plan lists "separate living areas" for the OS but it also says "Grand Suites offer a comfortable bedroom, a living area".  As far as I can tell, the GS "bedroom" is just a bed with a curtain around it, not exactly a bedroom.  Is the OS suite the same, or is it a real bedroom?  Any other features or advantages?

Any and all info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Mike

8 minutes ago, mandream said:

We're currently booked in a 1 BR Grand Suite on the Majesty of the Seas.  Trying to understand the differences between it and an Owner's Suite.  I know it is a bit bigger - 446 vs 355 square feet and it has a double sofa bed instead of a single.  Wondering if there are any other differences or reasons to switch.

The description of the deck plan lists "separate living areas" for the OS but it also says "Grand Suites offer a comfortable bedroom, a living area".  As far as I can tell, the GS "bedroom" is just a bed with a curtain around it, not exactly a bedroom.  Is the OS suite the same, or is it a real bedroom?  Any other features or advantages?

Any and all info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Mike

While I have never been on an OS on the Majesty, I have been on both GS's and OS's other (newer) ships.  The main difference is the extra space but there are some other differences (at least on those newer ships).  While neither suite has a solid wall separating it into two rooms, there is more practical separation in an OS.  In a GS, there is only a curtain while the OS has a huge rotating television between the areas that provides a degree of separation.  The OS also has a real dining table, a bidet in the bathroom (though I am not sure what value that has), and a separate tub and shower instead of a combination.  However, when you are outside of your room, you get the exact same suite perks regardless of whether you are in a GS or an OS.  Therefore, a lot depends on how much time you spend in your room.  

5 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Wait - (a little off topic - but related to the last comment) - the website says the OS on the Allure is two twin beds that can be converted to a queen. Are you saying that is not that case?

I don't know the OS bed configuration on Oasis class.  On previous (older) classes of ships, the OS bed cannot be split.

40 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know the OS bed configuration on Oasis class.  On previous (older) classes of ships, the OS bed cannot be split.

Have been on both- but Grand suite on Harmony and Owners suite on Adventure.  On the Adventure- one large room with a curtain to close off the sleeping area.  My only negative about the Owners suite was the location.  Under the pool.  I believe the Grand suites aren't all located under the pool.  

My negative about the Grand suite on the Harmony was that the coffee table in the living area was much too large and I kept banging into it-  We did move it.  With both you get suite access to venues- if I had to do over again on the Adventure, would book a Grand suite with a better location and save the extra money.  However, we booked a crown loft suite for our next Harmony cruise as the price with very good and we want to experience the two story suite.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks all for answering my question.  The only meals we eat in the room are breakfast - and that is only on the balcony.  The extra bit of space would be nice, but not worth upgrading.

Thanks for making the decision an easy one.

Mike