Pulling a switch-a-roo...?

My mom and I are cruising on Jewel in February in an interior room.  My step-dad decided this weekend he wants to join as well.  Since we are after final payment the RCI agent on the phone was giving us a bit of a hard time about booking an ocean view cabin and moving her into the room.  So we just booked him an ocean view on his own.  Can we move her into his room once we get to the port?  I'm sure she can get a key to his room and unofficially stay over there but for the ease of charging and not having to carry two cards it would be easiest to switch her at check in. 

Anyone have an insight?  TIA

Yes...once  on ship you can switch anyone you like from one room to another.

You can go down to guest services and they will make it official so that all keys and charge accounts are changed as well.  But I would wait til the lines settle down on first day.  You will need both people to go down to guest services together to make the change.

If your mother and step-father want to use the same credit card, when doing the info for the Set Sail Pass, I believe that she can put in his card number for payment and he can put the same info for his.  I'm not sure, but it might ask for the name on the credit card, but that shouldn't be a problem as he would be sailing as well.

That way, if either wanted to purchase anything onboard before they go to guest services, it would go on the correct credit card.  As others mentioned, there shouldn't be any problem changing cabins once onboard.