Upgrade-just before cruise

8373seth

The rejection/unable to upgrade email notification go out right at the 48 hours mark before one's cruise's sailaway time (not boarding/arrival/check-in time) ... 2 days before, not midnight.  The URL link for "modifying" or Let's Get You Upgraded pop-up/banner will say "Expired" by then, if not already.  When we're on our Halloween Escape recently, it was still possible to modify/change our bids around 9 AM, Friday for that Sunday's 3 PM sailing time ... by 10 AM, 2 of the 3 links expired and the 3rd one transitioned into "processing"

(should be based on ship/port's local time zone, not UTC or EDT where Miami HQ is based, but YMMV)

Credit card hasn't been charged yet, no account alert on pending transaction but ... by afternoon/early evening, logged back into MyNCL account & the newly assigned GTY room # had been updated.  Just remember to re-print new eDocs and eLuggage tags as access will no longer be enabled 24 hours before sailing time (the following day, T minus 1.)  For those traveling during that 48 hours countdown without access to a printer, keep & use the "original" (old) eDocs for pier check-in to get thru port security (works for NYC) ... Geek/tech tips: you can using the new "Norwegian" App (iOS/Android) while connected to cellular/non-ship WiFi these days to access your "Vacation Summary" to see your new stateroom & other booking info.  The "old" NCL App only works when connected to ship's WiFi inTRAnet. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Congratulations!

It doesn’t say processing like I thought it would, and no email or cc charge. I figured it I didn’t get it it would also say expired but the pending has me on pins and needles! Lol

5 minutes ago, Jskorick said:

It doesn’t say processing like I thought it would, and no email or cc charge. I figured it I didn’t get it it would also say expired but the pending has me on pins and needles! Lol

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, 8373seth said:

I’m just responding to a response that was intended to be smug itself. 

And my questions were for folks to let me know if they received upgrades this late in the game. Yes I know it can happen up to 47 hours prior. That wasn’t my question. I simply wanted to know others’ experiences. 

unfortunately i have had my own dealings this this particular cruise critic member and rudeness is a given, that said, My cruise is sold out and my bids still show " pending" so we will see, some people have said that last minute cancellations are possible and upgrades too no matter if it's sold out. I will be happy no matter what......

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Got the unable to accept email for all four bids however the one still says pending on the website. Frustrating as I wish they would have just expired them all earlier! Oh well I’m still excited to go!