Boarding procedures in Seattle for a RT Alaska cruise

mousemom11

For those of you who took an Alaska cruise RT from Seattle this past summer, what were the boarding procedures in Seattle dealing with customs. Did you have to fill out any Canadian customs forms before you boarded, either online or at the port?

It's been several years, but I don't remember filling out any customs forms.  It was a madhouse at the drop off location.  They had one big area for both ships, and we didn't know which porters were servicing which ship.  I didn't know if my bags would make it to our ship, but they did.

We did have to show our passport & seapass at the door like usual.

Getting off the ship was easy (we did it this past May).  They had enough porters.  Unlike Vancouver where we boarded.  A custom's employee was standing nearby to take our forms on the way to the door.

Edited by knittinggirl

No customs forms to fill out on embarkation; you just need your passport or other identification.

Contrary to Knittinggirl's experience, the drop off of luggage was no problem.  If there are two ships in port then there is a door for each ship and you take your luggage to the appropriate door.  The porters are great about making sure the luggage gets on the correct ship AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT LUGGAGE TAG ON YOUR BAGS!

Last summer at disembarkation we were surprised when they told us we didn't have to fill out out customs forms unless we were over the limits.

Enjoy your cruise.

There are no U.S. Customs forms to fill out upon return anymore. You will not fill out Canadian Customs forms prior to boarding if you go to Alaska first. You fill those out prior to stopping in Victoria. 

I have never had a drop off luggage problem in Seattle. I find it to be one of the easiest embarkation points. Lots of people directing you where to go.