Formal (Gala) Nights on Grand Jan 27 Hawaii Cruise

dmg1956

DW and I are doing the Grand Princess Hawaii cruise beginning Jan 27 out of San Francisco. Can anyone provide specific information about the Gala nights (I believe there are 3) on that cruise. 

Thank you, thank you with much appreciation to any and all who can provide information.

dmg1956

10 minutes ago, dmg1956 said:

DW and I are doing the Grand Princess Hawaii cruise beginning Jan 27 out of San Francisco. Can anyone provide specific information about the Gala nights (I believe there are 3) on that cruise. 

Thank you, thank you with much appreciation to any and all who can provide information.

dmg1956

Generally on formal nights passengers that dine in the DR's dress up somewhat. Most men wear jacket and tie, some jacket no tie, some no jacket no tie, and maybe 15%/20% in tux. Women generally wear nice dresses or other outfits. There are some special menu selections like lobster tail. There may be a Piazza event like Captain's greeting, champagne tower, balloon drop. Other than the DR, specialty restaurants are smart casual every evening, and the remainder of the ship is casual. So you get a mix of dress throughout the ship. Normally there is a production show of a formal night, but not always.

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Generally on formal nights passengers that dine in the DR's dress up somewhat. Most men wear jacket and tie, some jacket no tie, some no jacket no tie, and maybe 15%/20% in tux. Women generally wear nice dresses or other outfits. There are some special menu selections like lobster tail. There may be a Piazza event like Captain's greeting, champagne tower, balloon drop. Other than the DR, specialty restaurants are smart casual every evening, and the remainder of the ship is casual. So you get a mix of dress throughout the ship. Normally there is a production show of a formal night, but not always.

Thanks for your input but my question was what night's specifically are formal nights. I've cruise quite a bit so I know all the information you provided. Again, I need to know what specific nights are designated as "formal".

Usually the formal nights will all be on sea days. The first one is likely to be the evening of the first full day on board. Then third will likely be the next to last evening. The other will be just before or just after the visit to Hawaii but on a sea day