Marella Spirit

Just looked on the Marine traffic app and I see that the spirit is anchored at Alana on the west coast of India.  Sadly this looks like it’s final voyage has come to an end as this destination is where old ships come to be broken down for scrap.

We only sailed on her a couple of times but it definitely had a charm of its own, I just hope that all of the wonderful staff and crew get other positions on the fleet.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

She's now at Metal India Enterprise inland so probably in bits now Next stop according to Marine Traffic is Perama in Greece??? Maybe the metal will be used to build another ship?? That would be nice

not been chopped yet

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

maybe they have removed the marine beacon and forgot to switch it off!

The system doesn't quite work like that ,most likely the ais equipment has been removed and it was simply being tested to make sure it was still working so it could be sold .Its last broadcst was jan 9th

Edited by okavango

23 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Same here.  

She definitely had a charm of her own, We spent a few great evenings in the lounge bar at the top of the ship I think it was called Horizons. The Philippino trio were amazing.

Ahh well.

We sailed on Spirit 4 years ago. The smallest ship we've been on but definitely had something about her.

One of my fondest memories. After midnight in Horizons bar, Manhattan 'cocktail' in hand, the trio were doing their final gig of the day and we requested 'Sway' the old Dean Martin number which they only knew in Spanish. A perfect end to the day...