Getting to Holiday Inn on Australia Day - what would you do?

So I got a reply to my email to HI.  They said they'll be sending out an email in a few weeks.  Not too confident at this stage as their opening sentence was "Kindly note that 26th of January is Australia Day."

It gets on my goat when people responding to emails don't actually respond to the email written (mini rant over).

Statue of Biggles, a schnauzer dog who was a much loved member of the Rocks community.

Biggles, who was slightly larger than a mini Schnauzer, was a well known member of The Rocks community. He could be seen on the back of a bike, travelling in a milk crate, with his daredevil pillion-riding owner keeping control. The statue stands proudly outside the house in which Biggles` owner, Trevor Kelly lives on the corner of Atherden and Playfair Streets in the Rocks.

Biggles was regarded as a `local character` among the residents and shopkeepers as he roamed the Rocks Area sometimes leaping from balconies in pursuit of cats. Unfortunately for Biggles, his final leap was off a cliff near Mrs Macquarie`s Chair after what was thought to have been a rat. Biggles died at the age of fourteen and is now immortalised in the statue created by artist, Anne Dybka, herself a resident of the Rocks.

1 minute ago, Muckyduckway said:

So I got a reply to my email to HI.  They said they'll be sending out an email in a few weeks.  Not too confident at this stage as their opening sentence was "Kindly note that 26th of January is Australia Day."

It gets on my goat when people responding to emails don't actually respond to the email written (mini rant over).

They are usually better than that, wonder if they’re still working out what to do.

1 minute ago, Muckyduckway said:

I know how you feel, I like to respond straight away and do not like when others do not.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Statue of Biggles, a schnauzer dog who was a much loved member of the Rocks community.

Biggles, who was slightly larger than a mini Schnauzer, was a well known member of The Rocks community. He could be seen on the back of a bike, travelling in a milk crate, with his daredevil pillion-riding owner keeping control. The statue stands proudly outside the house in which Biggles` owner, Trevor Kelly lives on the corner of Atherden and Playfair Streets in the Rocks.

Biggles was regarded as a `local character` among the residents and shopkeepers as he roamed the Rocks Area sometimes leaping from balconies in pursuit of cats. Unfortunately for Biggles, his final leap was off a cliff near Mrs Macquarie`s Chair after what was thought to have been a rat. Biggles died at the age of fourteen and is now immortalised in the statue created by artist, Anne Dybka, herself a resident of the Rocks.

Hmm, I thought Biggles was the adventurer

Just now, Muckyduckway said:

Fine looking dog.  Looks like something else has his attention.

I'm sure he's not spoiled at all! :classic_cool:

Not sure what she was offering him, but I can’t say how good he is for me. Especially f I have a fall.

and spoiled, not Maxy, that reminds me I think I need to buy some more chicken breast fillet, I think he is out

58 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Every neighbourhood needs a doggy character - good for the soul.

57 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

They are usually better than that, wonder if they’re still working out what to do.

We'll see what the next email says, but I'm sure we will manage either way.

57 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I know how you feel, I like to respond straight away and do not like when others do not.

I'm a bit impatient I must admit, but would rather have a slow reply that shows they are attentive to detail, than a quick one that looks like a copy and paste job.

45 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not sure what she was offering him, but I can’t say how good he is for me. Especially f I have a fall.

and spoiled, not Maxy, that reminds me I think I need to buy some more chicken breast fillet, I think he is out

Dogs are wonderful when you're not well, very supportive.

I hear you - not spoiled at all.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I still miss my dog but will not get a replacement as we enjoy the freedom (of no pets) too much for now.

Yeah we’re lucky that the daughter will have him any time, and we have hers if she is going away.

but I have to say, when you’re as crook as rookwood he is worth my weight in gold to me

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah we’re lucky that the daughter will have him any time, and we have hers if she is going away.

but I have to say, when you’re as crook as rookwood he is worth my weight in gold to me

You are certainly happier since getting him.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Ohh and Mucky in case you hadn’t noticed here in the Aussie boards things stay 109% on topic.

Absolutely, as long as the topic is dogs, pies or 'taking the pi&&'! :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I still miss my dog but will not get a replacement as we enjoy the freedom (of no pets) too much for now.

Same boat, don't have anyone we'd trust to 'not spoil' our beloved fur baby!