Just back from Cuba on Majesty

I am a frequent Holland America cruiser who tried RCL for the first time for a NYE cruise to Cuba. We were 4 couples traveling together. Check in at the pier took a long time because of Cuba and getting visas, even though we checked in on line and filled out all the necessary paperwork ahead of time. The lines were long. 

We were in a category 2N cabin and I was pleasantly surprised to see the cabin completely refurbished. There were tons of drawers for storage, a large closet, a couch and coffee table and an additional chair. Our steward , Jason was very attentive and always called us by name.

The food was inconsistent. Sometimes very good and sometimes not. The menu wasn’t varied enough. Sometimes my food came raw after ordering medium rare. The 8 of us used 2 different travel agents and dinning was never linked properly, but was fixed onboard.

Cuba was amazing. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer as best as I can. 

We went to a few shows, but only one was really good. 

Getting off the ship took a very long time. It was very organized,but so many people can only move so fast.

The ship was in very good condition and I would Sail it again. There were many different nationalities on board, over 300 children, all of whom seemed very well behaved. 

Service was was exceptionally good all over the ship.

• Thanks 1

I was on Majesty last Sept.  (almost diamond) and the rooms were the smallest I have ever been in.  The entire ship was in such poor shape that it is the only rcl ship I/we will NOT go on again. 

1 minute ago, Garmy4 said:

I was on Majesty last Sept.  (almost diamond) and the rooms were the smallest I have ever been in.  The entire ship was in such poor shape that it is the only rcl ship I/we will NOT go on again. 

In

Interesting. I’ve not been on any other RCL ship but we thought it in good shape for an old ship. My cabin was really big enough even though I had been warned they were small. My friends on deck 3 had a very tiny cabin and I would have found that difficult.

mamaofami:

Were you harangued about what you select on the OFAC form?

How long did it take in Havana to get off the ship, go through immigration and change money?

Did you do anything in Havana in the evening?

What was the one really good show? Was there any shows that you wished you had wasted your time on?

Thanks--we sail on the 14th. 

When we got to the pier, we were told we had marked the wrong designation for Cuba. A simple change of selection on a new paper took about 1 minute.

We met our traveling friends at 8:30 in the designated lounge and were off the ship in about 40 minutes, however since I was in a scooter, they moved me up near the front of the line. With that, I managed to get into an immigration line that didn't move and lots of people in other lines went through faster.

We were exhausted from touring from 10am to 4 pm and stayed on the ship at night.

Sorry, I can't recall the entertainer's name. He did voice impressions and was on Broadway .

The show the first night, some dancers was a waste of time.

ENJOY

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

When we got to the pier, we were told we had marked the wrong designation for Cuba. A simple change of selection on a new paper took about 1 minute.

We met our traveling friends at 8:30 in the designated lounge and were off the ship in about 40 minutes, however since I was in a scooter, they moved me up near the front of the line. With that, I managed to get into an immigration line that didn't move and lots of people in other lines went through faster.

We were exhausted from touring from 10am to 4 pm and stayed on the ship at night.

Sorry, I can't recall the entertainer's name. He did voice impressions and was on Broadway .

The show the first night, some dancers was a waste of time.

ENJOY

Were you able to navigate the sidewalks/streets in your scooter?

Going to Cuba in December with a friend who will be in a scooter or motorized wheelchair.  Do you have any advise on how to manage Cuba with mobility issues?  A little nervous about our day in Havana.  

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...