Ruby - Mexican Riviera (Cabo) - quick question

deultgen

For those who have recently completed a recent Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby ...

* Cabo San Lucas - When the ship leaves LA on Saturday it is scheduled to arrive at Cabo and Tender on Monday at 11:00am.  I was wondering if this has generally been accurate?  We were hoping to take a private excursion and am interested to know what time people actually have been "on the ground" in Cabo.  I suppose what I am asking is, if the itinerary says "Tender 11:00am" does that mean Ruby has been pulling into port at 11 or 11:15, then it takes another 30-45 minutes to tender to the port (wait for the "elites" and those on a Princess excursion to tender) or has the ship been arriving more like 10:00 am and I could expect to be in Cabo by 11?

Once the ship is cleared and the tendering process begins, it may take a couple of hours for you to actually get on a tender. The passengers that have tours booked through the ship have priority as well as those who are Elite.

You will be asked to go to a meeting place (usually one of the dining rooms) and get a tender ticket and wait for them to call your number. They also require all of your party to be there before handing you your ticket.

We were on a Carnival cruise once, they started tendering at about 9am and they were still calling numbers at noon.

My recollection from our Dec. 1 Ruby Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera is that tendering operations did start at right about 11:00 am in Cabo San Lucas.

I have no idea how long it took them to work their way through the various levels of tendering priority.  We did not go ashore.

I did not record the time of our tender in my trip notes, so it must have been pretty close to 11 -- otherwise, I would have recorded the time in order to bit$h about it!!  The ship was anchored well before 11, all of the formalities were completed before 11.  The life boats were being lowered around 10, 10:30 according to the time stamp on my photos.