Formal Nights On New Year's Cruises

How does Royal Caribbean handle formal nights on New Year's cruises if New Year's Eve is not one of the usually scheduled formal nights?  For example, if formal night is usually Night 2 but New Year's Eve is Night 3, will they move the formal night to New Year's Eve?  Hopefully someone recently off one can share their experience.

14 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

How does Royal Caribbean handle formal nights on New Year's cruises if New Year's Eve is not one of the usually scheduled formal nights?  For example, if formal night is usually Night 2 but New Year's Eve is Night 3, will they move the formal night to New Year's Eve?  Hopefully someone recently off one can share their experience.

They will make NYE formal night.....we have done a handful of NYE cruises and no matter what night it falls on they make it formal night.....including the first night, they actually sent email communication at least twice ahead of time letting us know the that the first night will be formal night and suggested that we hand carry on our formals.

• Thanks 1

Just off the Freedom NYE cruise (formal night was day 2 as well as NYE) but it seems that question has already been answered.

I didn't find formal night any different for dress than other formal nights. 

In fact I saw more tuxedos and ball gowns on the second formal night than on NYE.  May have been due to the party on the Promenade factor and so many people close together as we counted down the New Year.  People not wanting to get their nice dresses stepped on or drinks spilled on.

1 hour ago, hotrock said:

Did you find that guests were more "dressed up" for NYE or was it just a typical formal night?

IMO, it was just a regular formal night on NYE.

The one difference I noticed was that there were lots of families/large parties travelling together and seemed to dress for the occasion to have group shots done.  We helped many families on both formal nights take family photos on the Centrum stairs.

We cruised last year starting on New Years Eve 12-31-2017. Formal night was the same night that we boarded. People were still dressed up - probably more than usual. Lots of families with kids dressed up as well. It did seem that they put a rush on delivering luggage to the cabins. I might have imagined it, but it seemed luggage was lined in the hallways outside doors faster than I’ve seen in the past.