FLL Port / Flights

bmoore09

Hi,

I'll be on the Edge from April 21-28th out of Fort Lauderdale. We're really trying to fly home on the day we get back to port.  Is it possible to catch a flight out of FLL at noon on the day we get back to port?  I know we dock at 7am, but I'm not sure how long it takes to disembark.  I am in a sky suite, not sure if that matters for disembarking preference.

Thanks for your help...

2 minutes ago, bmoore09 said:

Hi,

I'll be on the Edge from April 21-28th out of Fort Lauderdale. We're really trying to fly home on the day we get back to port.  Is it possible to catch a flight out of FLL at noon on the day we get back to port?  I know we dock at 7am, but I'm not sure how long it takes to disembark.  I am in a sky suite, not sure if that matters for disembarking preference.

Thanks for your help...

The noon flight is very doable. I'd book a noon flight. 

Under normal circumstances it would be very doable. However, we were recently on a Reflection cruise that docked in the new Terminal 25 and there were major delays as Customs and Immigration were understaffed and I believe they created a slowdown. As the partial shutdown continues I believe that the situation will become more troublesome to travelers. Odds are most certainly in your favor and I would not hesitate to book a 12:00 pm flight, but have a backup plan ready in the unlikely event you need it.

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

Under normal circumstances it would be very doable. However, we were recently on a Reflection cruise that docked in the new Terminal 25 and there were major delays as Customs and Immigration were understaffed and I believe they created a slowdown. As the partial shutdown continues I believe that the situation will become more troublesome to travelers. Odds are most certainly in your favor and I would not hesitate to book a 12:00 pm flight, but have a backup plan ready in the unlikely event you need it.

Good advice, hopefully this whole thing will be over by April...Normally the 12P.M. flight is no problem, you should make it in plenty of time. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1