3 Upsell Offers for a 7 day cruise!

Working 2 Cruise

Going to to Mexico, again, on February 2, on the Ruby.  I booked an inside cabin. I received 3 upsell offers, one for a balcony ($169 pp), way too expensive for a 7 day cruise. That was the same cost that was offered on my 14 day cruise on Caribbean Princess in November!  Then 2 other upsell offers for an Ocean View...($69 pp).  Amazing! By the way, I know my signature is wrong but with the new setup, can't figure out how to change it!

We are on the 5 day Cabo Getaway following your 7 day.  I've had 2 upsell offers for about the same price as you.  When I called to inquire she said they were way oversold.  We passed on the offers because we are only doing the short 5 day and it was not worth the money.  It will be interesting to see if anymore offers come up!

Tried to negotiate for some OBC and she said no, the offer had no additional amenities.

We're happy either way!  Enjoy the cruise!

Edited by onboard2005

When I was young someone said: 

Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you.

we have been able to negotiate in the past. —- or in other words—- it don’t hurt to try. 

Edited by neverbeenhere

2 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

When I was young someone said: 

Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you.

we have been able to negotiate in the past. —- or in other words—- it don’t hurt to try. 

Yes, my Mom used to say- It never hurts to ask!

The rep was firm.  It was a bit disappointing she couldn't add something to make it a bit more worthwhile.

Still 4 weeks out and they have to complete some bookings yet.  We are happy anyway!

50 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Jim Valvano: Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.

certainly the above quote is not related to this particular situation, but maybe you will get another opportunity as it seems your cruise is sailing with a lack of currently booked passengers. 

That's the impression I got.  Our inside cabin might be a good value for a sell to someone else since the price has gone up since we booked it when it was first listed.  We are retired so I'd even take a move over if it came along.  Never know.  We have no time restrictions.  

2 hours ago, Working 2 Cruise said:

.... By the way, I know my signature is wrong but with the new setup, can't figure out how to change it!

I believe that you can do it by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to your screen name in the upper right.  Choose "Account Settings". Then choose "Signature" on the left side.